CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Gaming
Well now that Icrontic has an organized Guild in WoW (and the fact that I have about $40 in GC to Best Buy,) I was considering starting up and joining you guys. How often do you all play? If I did start to play would I need to buy all the expansions? Any other tips for a WoW virgin?

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I'm still low level. I try to play as much as possible. I have all the expansions, but am a Blood Elf in the BC area.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    To start playing your best bet is the original + BC expansion (can tack on WotLK later), this lets you roll any race/class currently available (minus the Death Knight, which you can't get until you have a level 55 anyways).

We play pretty frequently right now, I'd say almost every night for some and 3-4 nights a week for others.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    LOL, one of the recent reviews of WoW on Walmart.com gave it only one start and said this, "Requires an online subscription to play, the game cannot be played offline." Really? Has that person been living under a rock for all the years that WoW has been out?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I'm not sure who's more ridiculous. That reviewer for their lack of understanding, or you for looking at the reviews on walmart.com in the first place.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Zing! ;D
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    CB wrote:
    I'm not sure who's more ridiculous. That reviewer for their lack of understanding, or you for looking at the reviews on walmart.com in the first place.

CB does have a point here... ;D
    edited February 2009
    I am not enjoying the 3+ hour downloads for the patches.
    edited February 2009
    OK, so I created an Orc Warrior named Hoggva. Is there anything to do once you level (assign points to attributes, etc?) I've leveled up to Lvl 5 so far but not sure if I was supposed to do something at each level.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Just wait, Prag will be here in a bit...I'm sure he'll write you a novel. Also, I would suggest hopping on the TS server. There's usually someone around to answer questions.
    edited February 2009
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/#gettingstarted

Their newb help guides are surprisingly informative.
    edited February 2009
    At level 10 you can start assigning points through your Talent menu by pressing the 'N' key. As a warrior you'll have three paths to pick from Arms, Fury, Protection. Arms is primarily a PvP build, Fury is PvE dps, while Protection is for tanking. So once you decide what direction you'd like to go with your character, start placing points in the appropriate tree.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I looked for you on Tortheldrin to add you to our guild and you weren't found.

Did you choose Tortheldrin as your realm? Or am I spelling Hoggva wrong?
    edited February 2009
    Were you looking in-game or through the armory Prime?
    edited February 2009
    Its spelled correctly and the correct realm. I added you to my friends list. I'm not showing up oin the armory though.
    edited February 2009
    Characters < level 10 aren't indexed by the Armory.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    In game