Laptop Re-starting

edited February 2009 in Hardware
I have a Toshiba Satellite M115 that I am trying to rescue, The computer starts up in the screen that allow me to go to safemode ans then whatever I click on (safe mode or last known good configuration) the computer screen goes to boot Windows XP then shuts down and goes right back to the first screen for choosing safemode.
I am sure this is a driver problem but how can I install a driver if I can't get the computer to stay on?

Comments

• DareDare SD
    edited February 2009
    simon7 wrote:
    I have a Toshiba Satellite M115 that I am trying to rescue, The computer starts up in the screen that allow me to go to safemode ans then whatever I click on (safe mode or last known good configuration) the computer screen goes to boot Windows XP then shuts down and goes right back to the first screen for choosing safemode.
    I am sure this is a driver problem but how can I install a driver if I can't get the computer to stay on?

I have no answer for you, Im just adding that I also had a toshiba sattelite I picked up cheap at wal-mart, and after about 8 months it started randomly resetting on me. Never did figure out the problem, and ended up pawning the damn thing off.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited February 2009
    Seems like it's bluescreening but not showing you.

Seems like the OS has succumbed to windows rot, or something hardware died.