9800GTX+ & Wow?

Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Hardware
What sort of FPS should 2 9800GTX+ cards in SLI be pushing WoW at full settings running 1680x1050? I'm guessing 100+? because I am not getting that :(

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Are you getting 60+? If yes, then who cares? :D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Go back to ur wo dungeon sledge! j/k
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Are you getting 60+? If yes, then who cares? :D

I am getting from 30fps to 75 fps it is all over the place... in other games it is pretty solid. WoW seems to be not so solid?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Does WOW work correctly with SLI? Right now my gut says no. Try 1 card at a time.
    edited February 2009
    I tried 1 card and it drops to roughly around 20 FPS :( and yes WoW supports SLI... it is just odd as in COD:WAW which is far more graphically challenging I get a solid 80+
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    World of Warcraft does not respond well to video improvements. The engine scales down well, but not up well.

World of Warcraft also does not support supersampled transparency anti-aliasing. If you have this feature enabled, it must be multisampled or disabled.
    edited February 2009
    Well I removed 1 ram stick that was giving me problems and now I am getting 70+ FPS :)
    edited February 2009
    After some tuning and tweaking In Iron Forge I am now getting around 120FPS :) but Dalaran is still a low 40+ at best.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    You shouldn't be getting that low in Dalaran; I get ~50fps using my old 7900GT.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    The game's performance changes drastically when you enable shadows, 1920+ resolutions, 16x AA/AF, etc.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    40 FPS in Dalaran is bad? I'm lucky if I get 40 FPM....
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Enabling shadows in WoW will take your frame rate and kick it right in the balls, HARD.

Try reducing the shadow effects to the minimum level and see what the FPS is, then bring the shadows back up to compare.