Migration to VS2008 + Framework 3.5 = Handler randomly reseted ?

GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
edited March 2009 in Internet & Media
Hello there,

Im trying to find an answer to a avery weird problem i have with one of my web application (c# with visual studio)

My application was running great on VS2003 + Framework 1.1 , and now we did a migration to VS2008 and Framework 3.5, the application is still working, but we now got a really weird problem.

Our handlers (attached in the web.config) randomly reset now and then as soon as we do nothing in the system. Wich cause them to reload insanly often. We did not change anything in the code that could do that... And its NOT a recycling of the pool or anything like that, we keep our session, its just that now internaly the handler are dropped.

I use my application on my PC , and 20-58 secs after i stop using it, the handlers are dropped. I do not need to navigate into the system to make this happen, it seems like i just not to stop using it for a few seconds...

Very weird... And since its not recycling and we keep our session when it happen, and since its new to VS2008 / Framework 3.5 (In 1.1 / VS 2003 handlers were loaded at startup and was loaded until we iisreset or recycle the pool). Im running out of ideas :(

Any clue or hint you can give me ? :wtf:

Comments

• GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited March 2009
    Just to point out what i did in regard to this particular problem.

I've patched my handler in a way that they can now be loaded and unloaded as many times as the framework want them to be reloaded.

And i've done some code to PREVENT logging when a dispose happen IF there's a handler still alive for this kind of handler (by type).

I store in a hashtable a number of instance for each type of handler in a HttpModule of my own to do so.

So the problem is still there but the logging dont go crazy about it and the performance hit of the handler reload is minimal.

Note : With framework 3.5 you dont lose sessions when the reload happens so its invisbile for the users of the web application.