Need some css and photoshop help....

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Internet & Media
Ok, so the site is at okstatedelts.com

If you look at the right content box it looks good and I like it, but here is the problem. On some pages (such as what we do) I want it to stretch all the way across. But it isn't made to ve a var. width box.

I have the photoshop file, but the person I got it from rasterized the box, so it's pretty difficult to size it and still look the same and the shadow gets distorted.

This is beyond me, but can someone help out. After a crash course in expression engine it was smooth sailing until I hit this speed bump. Though this isn't so much a lack of skill in EE or css more than photoshop....

I did make one box that was all the way across, but it wasn't perfectly sized (width wise), the shadow wasn't the same, and it shifted the entire page to the right about 8px for some reason that I couldn't figure out. But it was annoying as hell.

If anyone could help me out it would be amazing. I have the CSS, html, and psd which I will attach in a zip.

Comments

• Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited February 2009
    So I checked out your image, and I'm wondering why don't you lose the border images for your content boxes and style it all with css. I zoomed in with PS and unless I'm missing something, all the content borders are just a two tone solid, no fancy gradients or anything. So ditch the bg images and add a bg color and then a border to content. It may take slightly more time to remove some of the code, but you'll have a lot more flexibility.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    There is actually a subtle gradient if you look. I'm not sure if your monitor was showing it or not but see the attached image of the top-left corner zoomed in photoshop.

It is most apparent at the corner, but is also visible on the left side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26748&stc=1&d=1234671007