Play gemcraft. Lose productivity

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Oh man. Good call!

At ISU the materials engineering department has a student room where a large number of us hang out between classes - and there's a pretty huge social-flash-gaming environment that goes on, too. It's kind of fun to chart 'which game is popular in the student room' as time goes by. This is one of the ones we've done in the past and you are right - it is a BLAST.

Right now the student room is on Bubble Spinner by DeadWhale, just in case you get bored of gemcraft. :)
  • edited February 2009
    I try to play these Tower Defense games sparingly since they are now a "dime a dozen" and a total time sink... but this... this was quite marvelous! The are is quite gorgeous, the level design quite good... it's balanced, has "trophies" to unlock for fun, multiple levels... ability to go back and re-play levels... unlockable skillsets... DAMN I was impressed!

And a save/load feature too! I'll be playing this at work now. Thanks (and not thanks), Prime! :D
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I found that the gems are too random. There are some bosses that REQUIRE specific gem combos to beat efectively, and if you play all the way to the end of that level, and it hasn't given you the right gems, it's frustrating.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I am still playing this game... 125 million score. Great way to drop 15 minutes... ;)