2009 Expo Icrontic - What is it?

Comments

• DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    you need a group _k_?
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    DocFrazier wrote:
    And also, need 4th for L4D team, Have; Preacher, Rexxar, and Doc.

Anyone? Anyone?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    There are now fewer tickets (24) than days until registration closes (26), and we've been getting more than 1 registration per day over the last week.

Please keep in mind that the number of tickets is a hard limit. We've accepted last-minute over-the-limit registrations in the past but I built that padding into the number of tickets available already.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    It's what you've been waiting for - Prag and I are in.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    So, I'm 99% in! YaY! I'm not gonna order tickets or register just yet, because, well, it's up to my personnel officer at this point, whom I will try to sweet-talk a little.

I do however have a question:

Can someone prettyplease borrow me a computer of some sort? I demand nothing fancy, just so I will be able to play L4D and TF2. My laptop is the king of suck when it comes to gaming, and my desktop is a bit too big for flight handling.. I can bring mouse, keyboard, network cable and other essentials, just not the computer and monitor.

I will be bringing a tent and my sleeping bag, so as long as I can find a free patch of ground in the ICHQ garden, I'm all set. Said tent has room for three adults to sleep incomfortabely, and two comfortably. That means that if some of you don't yet have a place to crash, I have room for maximum two more in my tent.

Also, I know I won't be allowed to drink, and I'm fine with that, but what's the legal smoking (cigarettes) limit?
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Ok I'm in 100% and BlueDragon is in both have plane tickets. Now where is the
    place to get the tickets for the expo?
    edited May 2009
    DogDragon wrote:
    Ok I'm in 100% and RedDragon is in both have plane tickets.
    woot!
    DogDragon wrote:
    Now where is the place to get the tickets for the expo?
    Link is in first post: http://icrontic.eventbrite.com/
    edited May 2009
    Jokke wrote:
    Can someone prettyplease borrow me a computer of some sort?
    There's questions on the registration to request computers and/or parts. :) We'll sort it out.
    Jokke wrote:
    what's the legal smoking (cigarettes) limit?
    Oddly, there is no legal smoking age, so you're set. To buy cigarettes, you must be 18.
    edited May 2009
    OoO, excellent.
    edited May 2009
    Annes wrote:
    It's what you've been waiting for - Prag and I are in.
    [surferdude] righteous [/surferdude]

Also, note that puts us at 20 tix left after the dragons finish registering. (over 60% gone now)
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Ok Done
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    VIKING!

In honor of jokke, I present the VIKING smiley

:jokke:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Reminds me of the Gjalerbron in Howling Fjord.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Due to the reason that some of you know, my Expo funds are directed elsewhere so no attendance from myself and Doris this year. I am truly gutted about missing my favourite 10 days of the year and not being able to introduce to you guys to the Killzone goddess.

Next year instead :)
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    WHAT. No shorty?!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Shorty wrote:
    Due to the reason that some of you know, my Expo funds are directed elsewhere so no attendance from myself and Doris this year. I am truly gutted about missing my favourite 10 days of the year and not being able to introduce to you guys to the Killzone goddess.

Next year instead :)

:sad2:
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    :bawling:
    edited May 2009
    I'm sorry guys, but I do have to bother you with my presence this year.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Skål!
    edited May 2009
    Jokke wrote:
    I'm sorry guys, but I do have to bother you with my presence this year.
    Yes! Officially international once more! :D I was getting worried. :p
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Lincoln wrote:
    Yes! Officially international once more! :D I was getting worried. :p

we could always take another trip across the Canadian border ;D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Shorty??

This thread is making me cry...
    edited May 2009
    Well it's kind of expensive to fly from Manchester > Detroit. If someone wants to chip in the dosh to make it happen, I'm sure we could get him here :D
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Well it's kind of expensive to fly from Manchester > Detroit. If someone wants to chip in the dosh to make it happen, I'm sure we could get him here :D
    I'm in.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    mertesn wrote:
    I'm in.

SHORTY TO THE LAN FUND!!! :thumbup
    If we raise like 300 dollars for our dumb servers every time you give the word im sure we can come up with a few hundo over the next few weeks.
    Brian set up the paypal.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    EPIC 2009 will be from June 24th - 28th, 2009

Woopies... June != May ...........
    edited May 2009
    Well, by a few hundo you may mean a couple thousand, so...

Second, let's see what shorty has to say about this; he may have multiple reasons for not being able to make it.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    No need for a fund. For those who don't know...

My mother passed away three weeks ago today. The cost of the funeral even with lean trimmings has been high and there are financial things with my parents estate that are not funeral cost related that need assistance. I am the only member of the family with the income/funds to assist this and we are still ploughing through the mind field that is left behind. My family are very close but distributed all over this little country. I have driven 2400 miles in three weeks. I know that my attendance in Icrontic has diminished a lot in the last year or so. This has been the reason.

My work was very generous in giving me three weeks off to travel to be with the family. However I have to return to work and get life back on track. This has been tough as you can imagine. At the moment, June isn't that far away and I have a lot to think about. Personally, I am ok. I have some personal things to resolve, a life to get back on track, my head to kick back into shape.

So I ask my Icrontic brethren to do just this one thing:

If you can go, GO. If you have some worry about it but you can afford it. GO. You honestly will regret not going. This is a wicked oppurtunity to spend time with the finest group of people that I have had the pleasure of being in the presence of. You will have the time of your life and experience a diverse group of incredible people. DO IT.

If you are going to raise a fund, raise a fund to bring those who cannot afford to go, so they can make it. Be the community to support those less fortunate.

If my circumstances can be resolved, I WILL be there in force. If not, I will be there next year :)
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    very sorry to hear about your mother, Shorty. you and yours are in my thoughts!
    I am on the fence, I want to, I have a vacation the week following so getting the full experience might not be possible, A couple days though, it could happen.

I know your close to me, wonder if any other Icrontic folk are from around Baltimore? Maybe a mass car pool?

a car pool you, say? i might could do that. we'll discuss.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I'm sorry Dan. I didn't know.