When gamer marketing goes too far.

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited March 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    What, you don't shave like a gamer? Half your face and a chunk of your ear while you're eating cheetos and rocking n00bs? If it weren't for gillette, those damn fell beasts growing out of my pores would have taken over and I'd be eating my cheerios through a muttonstache.

...with apologies to anyone with a muttonstache. Love!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    It's interesting to me that it's blatantly not a new razor. They make it no secret on the website that this is simply the Fusion Power razor with new visual elements. Similar to the way they market the women's razors: They take the regular razors, and give them pink handles and a roundy-shaped head, and they're done. It's as if gamers are a third gender.

Also: None of the spokes-people are gamers, they are video game characters instead.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Noted what CB said. When I looked at the site, I just sort of stared blankly trying my hardest to find a difference with this gamer edition. It's the same product. They don't even bother to explain WHY it's the 'gamer' edition. There's no reason behind any of it.

It dances on the line of insult.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I did have to laugh when I saw this. The comic was great.
    The odd thing to me is that I actually use a Fusion (not the power version).
    I have been using a double blade 'atra' style razor for 25 years. Every time a new razor would come out I would find a coupon for a free trial, not like it, and go back to my old one.
    Until now. The razor actually shaves great.
    And that make the weird adds even more strange.