installed 2nd xfx 260 black edition in sli mode
I could not up the fan speed using riva tuner
on the second card. the fan control only worked
on the first card.

any ideas?

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Sometimes RivaTuner won't give you as many options if you aren't using the official NVIDIA drivers it's comfortable with. I'd suggest updating to the latest version of RivaTuner and installing Forceware 182.06 drivers.

Welcome to Icrontic!
  • edited March 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    Sometimes RivaTuner won't give you as many options if you aren't using the official NVIDIA drivers it's comfortable with. I'd suggest updating to the latest version of RivaTuner and installing Forceware 182.06 drivers.

Welcome to Icrontic!

thank you very much. I will give your suggestions a poke this weekend and all should be well
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    it won't let you do it because the card is in SLi. If you read your mobo book it tells you that when the cards are placed into SLi mode the secondary card takes all of its specs from what the primary card is set to.

It looks like you can pull off the back card cover without having to remove the front cover, which would screw up the paddle fan's air flow, and this would help your temps some. Essential the thing to do besides buy after market coolers for the cards is to pull everything off the card that you can without destroying the air flow through the sink. So the PCI cover at the end can come off and that will help stop some of the air damming that occurs. Once all the silly plastic shielding is taken off and your temps are still high set up some fans to blow air on the exposed backs of the video cards right where the GPUs are and that will help alot.
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Not sure if it will work with non EVGA cards but it sure works great with EVGA cards,

http://www.evga.com/precision/

You can sync both cards or set them independently.

Scott