9800gtx+ driver problem

edited March 2009 in Hardware
hi people i have a 9800gtx+ and when i go to open the nvidia control panel i get an error report

"NVIDIA control panel application, 2.2.390.00 has stopped working" (it never starts)

i've downloaded the driver and installed properly but still does not work

can someone help

thanks in advanced

craig

Comments

• edited March 2009
    try to check it from the bios maybe is disabled
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I am moving this to graphics as I feel it will get better attention there.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Please give some more info. What OS are you running? What are MB are you using? Did you install the drivers from the supplied disc or download them? Did the drivers install correctly? Are you certain you used the correct version drivers for your OS?
  • edited March 2009
    just to let all of you know if sorted that out but i want to install ntune
    it goes to install but gets to a certain point then says (see attachment plz) can anyone help me plz
    thanks in advanced
  • edited March 2009
    just to let all of you know if sorted that out but i want to install ntune
    it goes to install but gets to a certain point then says (see attachment plz) can anyone help me plz
    thanks in advanced
    Its all been sorted thanks
  • edited March 2009
    right hello people but the last post of mine is now not true.. :(
    i used the disc i got supplied to put the driver on, then i put ntune on (it works fine)
    i play crysis warhead and get bsod i get told by the solutions checker to update the driver and i go to do that and it comes up with the same problem i had before "NVIDIA control panel application, 2.2.390.00 has stopped working" (it never starts)
    has anyone else got this problem and does anyone know how to fix this?
    i've tried to uninstall the driver and install it so many times, but the only way i've been able to get the driver working is by reinstalling windows over and over again.
    can someone help me thanks again and again in advanced.
    :respect::respect::respect: