Unable to send results

CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
It seems that I cannot send my reults to the f@h server.

I installed the text-only console. It downloaded all the work info fine, and sat there and cruched away at the numbers. But now it seems that it cannot send the results.

I'm getting this:

Comments

• hoojhooj Bournemouth, UK
    edited June 2003
    I had that problem, but it seemed to sort it self out after restarting the client a couple of times
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    The server might be down, u can check it out at the f@h communtiy forums. Anyway that problems seems most likely server caused, should sort itself out in a few days
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Well, hooj's suggestion worked. I'd already tried restarting it a couple of times before, but this time it worked.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited June 2003
    Is your config set to use IE settings?
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Yes it is. At first I entered the proxy settings myself. But this thing happened and so I told it to use IE settings, which are the same as the proxy details I entered myself.

Does it make a difference?
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Best putting the proxy settings straight into the config. Then if your IE screws up your folding wont be affected.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited June 2003
    I bypass the proxy here at work, so I set the config not to use the IE settings.
    I have had issues before when using the IE settings.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    At some places you cannot bypass the proxy. It will go thru the proxy or not at all. Some places that is.