Trying to make a title screen in Windows Movie Maker

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited January 2004 in Internet & Media
I've been working on a new title screen and theme song for the start of my weekly webshow, but there's one part I haven't been able to figure out.

I can get the picture and sound the way I want it, but the title words will only come up in the center of the screen. I want them to come up at the bottom of the screen, and perhaps also offset to the right a little bit. Does anyone know how to do that part? At least just getting the words to be at the bottom edge of the screen?

Windows Movie Maker has other options for how to make the words come up, but none of them are how I want it.

Comments

• kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    i think it's because WMM is very limited in what it allows you to do. you should check out adobe premiere, much more useful.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited January 2004
    It's not that limited for a free product. Considering it's free, compared to ridiculously expensive Adobe Premiere, WMM is pretty good.

Use the Subtitle under Titles, One Line, to get the words down to the bottom of the screen. News Banner will push it to the left a bit.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Thanks. I'll give that a try and see how it goes. I'd like to have an actual intro sequence in place by Episode 50. I haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2004
    Movie maker allows you to import still graphics files. Why not make a still graphic with your text over a background or still shot of your video footage, then import that to use as a title page?

Dexter...
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    That's what I'm going to do, along with adding sound. I know someone who may be able to compose a theme song for me. I have one in my head, just have to get it transferred to a digital file.
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited January 2004
    As Dexter said, You can use a program like photoshop to make a still and import that. Just make sure that it is the proper size. I think Movie Maker's max res is 320*240.

There are other free simple programs that will allow for simplistic graphics. Photoshop is $$ and very extensive.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited January 2004
    Movie Maker can make bigger movies, you just have to allow it to use a lot of bandwidth to do so (for T1 or better I think in the export settings). And obviously it depends on what res the original video capture was made with.