Half Life!!!

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Gaming
I have a kickbutt server I go to with great pings and great players. I had a thread on the old icrontic but wanted to start a new one and see if anyone was interested in playing. It is a Team-play server so if we played, we'd be on the same team.

I'm not sure if there are enough HL players but I would also like to get a East VS West style competition going on as there is with UT.

C'mon folks, you're not scared are ya?

Comments

• KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited June 2003
    TBonZ said
    How do you hope to ever find out if you don't post an IP? ;D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Khaos said
    TBonZ said
    How do you hope to ever find out if you don't post an IP? ;D

I don't want to give away all my secrets without getting some confirmations first (it's like that secluded fishing spot where you don't wanna tell just anyone). :D

So you interested? :)
    edited June 2003
    I'm always interested in some Half-Life. Haven't played the regular old game in years... So... PM me the IP or something, oh secretive one.
    edited June 2003
    Excellent, are you available Thursday night?

66.208.102.5:27015, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag, he really does need some air.
    edited June 2003
    I only have free time during the day. :\
  • diabx0rdiabx0r The 7th layer of friggin' hell (Bastrop, TX)
    edited June 2003
    Half-Life... People still play?

:D;)
    edited June 2003
    Khaos said
    I only have free time during the day. :\

I may be able to play earlier tomorrow, say from 4 - 6PM Eastern time, is that early enough?
    edited June 2003
    Yeah, that's 3PM CST... I'm game! :)
  • RiddickRiddick Malaysia Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I might be joining u guys soon enough.... hope my pings are alright !

/edit a rough ping of 290... noooo :banghead:
    edited June 2003
    So TbonZ, what's you handle in Half-Life? Need to know who to look for. ;)
    edited June 2003
    Riddick said
    /edit a rough ping of 290... noooo :banghead:

That sucks Riddick, you could try anyways.

Khaos - I am using [ICR]TBonZ, I really should change it to [S-M]TBonZ. Anyways, TBonZ it is. I should still be able to play at 4PM.

BTW - Have you went into the server to check your ping yet?
    edited June 2003
    I ping OK there, but the choke is awful... Barely playable. I've got almost 100 choke on that server and the netgraph is mostly red. I still had fun though, gg.

Edit:

Well, it seems like if I type "retry" after each map change, my choke normalizes to 0 from close to 100. Then it plays real smooth, as it should. I've got to hand it to myself, I still kick ass when it isn't lagging like crazy. :D

100 choke is terrible; can't type, can't change weapons, can barely walk in a straight line, and good luck shooting anybody. Hopefully my theory about retrying after map changes will prove to be true and not just a fluke, that way I can keep playing there.
    edited June 2003
    Yeah I hope that is true too Khaos, it was great playing with a fellow short-median, you kick butt!:)

If the command doesn't work, I have another server in mind to try.

BTW - The next time I'm on, I'll read [S-M]TBonZ.

We need more people to come out, dust off that old copy of HL and have some fun!:cool:
    edited June 2003
    BUMP.

Come on guys, we need some more players in there! :D

Come on in with [S-M] in front of your name, and if you know what's good for you, you'll join the hgrunt team (Just set your skin to hgrunt in the multiplayer options).

At least I think that's the team TBonZ wants to use. You were gman before... Let's pick a team and stick with it. I like hgrunt, myself, because it blends in pretty well (More easily camouflaged).
    edited June 2003
    Another Bump...

Khaos - I usually move to another team if it's lob-sided but yes hgrunt is great for blending in on a lot of maps currently run on that server.

I know most of you are concentrating on UT and BF but this HL server is a lot of fun and we would love some more short-medians to represent the site.:cool:
    edited July 2003
    Are you up for a game or two today?
    edited July 2003
    Heyo [S-M]TBonZ, I can literally play this instant for a little bit. I've been busy lately, getting some spring cleaning done. In typical king kretin fashion, I'm a month late and ten dollars short, but it's spring cleaning none-the-less. I'll see if you're in the server.
  • Superducky55Superducky55 Michigan
    edited July 2003
    who the hell plays half-life anymore? :D
    edited July 2003
    I already kicked some butt today, literally but alas, I'm out at the jam for the night, maybe tomorrow if you're available.:cool:

SuperDucky - All the really cool people, retro all the way!:D
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I tried counter-strike but found more fun was to be had hurling myself out of my bedroom window.

Ar ewe talking Half-Life or Team-Fortress here?

NS
    edited July 2003
    Hi NS, this is Half Life with Team Play, I have been frequenting this server for about a year now and to be honest, if not for this particular server I probably wouldn't be still playing the game. The admin runs a tight, no bull server, he rotates the maps on a monthly basis with many modifications and secrets, the players are largely cool, it's fast, furious and I have a blast every time.
    edited July 2003
    May have to consider (re)install Half-Life again then. May even play it all the way though on single player. Still havnt finished postal 2 yet though, or NWN =/

NS
    edited July 2003
    Sounds good, if you ever do get around to loading HL back up, the server is located at 66.208.102.5:27015.

BTW - Here is a nice little trick in order to start in HDK instantly, just change the path to your own HL directory.
    BONUS - PRO-LEVEL TRICKS - ADD SERVER TO TARGET
    This is a rare trick that few people know. You can actually hard code in the server you want to join and make it even faster to join. Remember the -console above, in that example the target line looked like this

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console

you can add the following to connect to a server directly

say you want to connect to *H.D.K*clan server

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console +connect 66.208.102.5

here is how to add the port

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console +connect 66.208.102.5:27015<----Create a shortcut
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2003
    Hmmm, I have a look when I get back, Never played it online but loved the game.

bothered.
    edited July 2003
    God damnit, I cant get VSync to stay on and franky its driving me Mad. How do I enable VSync?

NS