lord of the rings: battle for middle earth

edited April 2009 in Hardware
I need help. We purchased and installed battle for middle earth. When we try to open the game a message comes up. It reads as follows:
Please make sure you have directx 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the display control panel.

I have downloaded direct x 10, and installed it. I have checked the hardware acceleration in the display control panel, it is enabled.
How do I check that the video card meets the minimum requirements.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    What is your computer?
  • edited April 2009
    I have a HP Pavilion 510c.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Unfortunately you get the error because your GPU doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements. :( The graphics card built in to your 510c is very old, and not fast enough to make BFME work properly. It's not really a software issue, even though you have the right software installed.

The video card, unfortunately, cannot reasonably be upgraded to something playable because the 510c <i>also</i> has no expansion ports for more power graphics cards.
  • edited April 2009
    Thanks for the help. I also have another computer that it used to work on, but the cd-rom is broken. I will just have to wait until I can fix it.