Spring server drive

2»

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to second making a night or two for official TF2. Knowing ahead of time allows those of us who do other things to schedule around it if we're interested.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Scheduling makes me happy.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    In addition, getting mapvote sorted out would really help things along.

saw this in IRC: (4:38:13 PM) winfrey: ctf_convoy_v2, pl_frontier, ctf_aerospace, pl_cashworks

Having some sort of vote system and some way of requesting maps to be added to the server would probably be a fair response to asking for $$$ - otherwise there's no reason why ICians can't just go meet on public servers?

My $0.02.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    People use the servers constantly, TT. Many people use them, and enjoy the benefits of having rcon access so they can kick to make room, change maps, play on a private L4D server with friends, etc... And many of those people have never contributed.
    edited April 2009
    People use the servers constantly, TT. Many people use them, and enjoy the benefits of having rcon access so they can kick to make room, change maps, play on a private L4D server with friends, etc... And many of those people have never contributed.

No interest in making this process easier for these people? More equitable for all users of the server? Adding value for no expense at all, except for the amount of time it would take, of which there seems to be an adequate amount? Of all the suggestions made, this is the only one worth addressing? Yo know I've been very supportive of the server costs in the past, and I'm trying to give you reasons why someone should also do so.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I am not arguing against scheduled game times at all. not one bit. I say please, do it. Somebody take on the task; go for it, you have our blessing.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    In addition, getting mapvote sorted out would really help things along.

saw this in IRC: (4:38:13 PM) winfrey: ctf_convoy_v2, pl_frontier, ctf_aerospace, pl_cashworks

Having some sort of vote system and some way of requesting maps to be added to the server would probably be a fair response to asking for $$$ - otherwise there's no reason why ICians can't just go meet on public servers?

My $0.02.

This is an interesting point. I don't think I would mind throwing some $ to the person or persons that got our server fully loaded out with all the bells and whistles. It doesn't have to be a big change. Maybe adding/trying a map in the rotation, or adding mapvote or sudden death mode to replace stalemates.

That being said, I need to contribute some to the server fund...doing that now. $20 added.
    edited April 2009
    I am not arguing against scheduled game times at all. not one bit. I say please, do it. Somebody take on the task; go for it, you have our blessing.

Done and done.

<a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=j4dAs_2bz6JfW0zSGdbqLGMQ_3d_3d">Click Here to take survey</a>

Will post in the Gaming forum as well.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    And many of those people have never contributed.
    No longer will I be described as this...

Ten dolla!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Many servers have mapvoting and special maps/ configurations. I fully support this... :D