New Game

NemikanNemikan Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Gaming
Now that I'm done playing wow, i need a new game... any suggestions? Currently thinking about getting either Dawn of War 2 or the new Company of Heroes new xpac.

Ideally looking for a good RTS, got TF2 and CS:S and L4D to satisfy my shooter needs. Wouldn't mind an RPG but want something w/ good online multiplayer support in order to play with people ^_^ (that means you!) which kind of kills that category of games.

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I can't speak for the new CoH expansion, but DoW2 is quite an enjoyable game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Supreme Commander.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    World in Conflict
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Sins of a Solar Empire.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Reasons for why those are so great? :P
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'm throwing in a second for supreme commander and Sins.

Both are very deep strategy games. Sup Com has big battles, massive scale, lots of destruction. made by the team that did Total Annihilation back in the day.

Sins is a very robust space RTS. Bit of a learning curve, but quite rewarding once you get into it. Plus, no DRM to be found (if I recall correctly)

Both are games I've been meaning to really get into but alas, never had to time to.

I also believe both have MP.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Mount & Blade
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Sins of a Solar Empire.

I am going to second Sins of a Solar Empire, GREAT game and fantastic multiplayer.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Nemikan wrote:
    Reasons for why those are so great? :P

They fulfill what you're looking for?

Since everyone's recommending Sins, I might as well, too. A very good game.

I'll throw in Anno 1701 for kicks.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Sins does indeed have no DRM. Very important to support devs and publishers like that, to me.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Yes, plus almost every other game by Stardock (the developer of Sins) is fantastic. I would highly recommend anybody and everybody to check out their lineup of games.
    edited April 2009
    Purchased sins of a solar empire and demigod, thx for the suggestion ^^
    edited May 2009
    Have to say I'm not a huge fan of sins. Primarily because it takes so friken long to do anything, but it also just isn't really my type of RTS. Its too easy to do hit and run on bases, although I haven't really played it all that much yet.
    edited May 2009
    *sigh.

Same old n00bikan
    edited May 2009
    So, any recommended RTS games besides sins? :P kinda becomes worthless online for 4 hrs+ games >.>

Very tempted to buy company of heroes tales of valor... but need to check what the "stand alone" expansion gives me without the original... anyone know?
    *goes to google*
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited May 2009
    Yes I do... gives you access to all the fractions. Also, CoH has gone downhill tbh after the staff got replaced. I have stopped playing for the last few weeks because of balance issues. (ToV units kinda OP)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Nemikan wrote:
    So, any recommended RTS games besides sins? :P kinda becomes worthless online for 4 hrs+ games >.>

Very tempted to buy company of heroes tales of valor... but need to check what the "stand alone" expansion gives me without the original... anyone know?
    *goes to google*

Dawn of War 2 is fun. It gets incredibly difficult after the first two difficulty settings, but the skirmishes are very fun too. Can't vouch for the online though... Long story >.>
    edited May 2009
    The one and only thing I really care about with RTS is the multiplayer content. single player is ok... but gets beaten very quickly. I want a new RTS that I can sit online and play all the time, getting better and compeating against others in the epix battles!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    So, basically any RTS released ever.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Nemikan wrote:
    So, any recommended RTS games besides sins?
    Thrax wrote:
    Supreme Commander.
    UPSLynx wrote:
    I'm throwing in a second for supreme commander

Make that 3 recommendations for Supreme Commander. Great game.

Also, if you don't mind playing a game that is a bit dated, Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne is probably my favorite RTS ever.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    warcraft III the first and the expansion are still amazing games
    edited May 2009
    Just get supreme commander. You'll get your butt handed to you online for a good while. If you want a challenge, do SupCom
    edited May 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    So, basically any RTS released ever.

basically :P but some ie: yuri's revenege no longer have online support..... being so everyone hacks making them no fun. Other RTS fail online and have no balance....
  • ThrallThrall steinbach MB Canada
    edited May 2009
    you could get CC3 i have played a bit and it seams alot of fun and the matches are short
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I caution you if you like the CC series about playing 3. You get a Co-general and all the units have "special" abilities. They kind of took away from the ability to mass armies easily in return they have given you weird abilities like shooting attack bears our a cannon to go eat people....wtf am I saying you get to shoot bears at people go buy it.
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, my friend wanted to get C&C 3, played the demo.... a lot of odd things, but most of all the game "speed" has driven me nuts. Everything takes forever to move!!!!!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    K I believe you were describing RA3.
    I would shy away from Tales of Valor it isn't nearly as good as the first two. I put in another recommendation for Supreme Commander. Good older titles are Star/Warcraft and Homeworld.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Barbie Horse Adventure 2: Return To Rainbow Lake

Replay value for this game is nearly infinite.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Ya Koreish you are right i get confused between CC and RA.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited May 2009
    Canti wrote:
    Barbie Horse Adventure 2: Return To Rainbow Lake

Replay value for this game is nearly infinite.

I believe your talking about "Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus".

But be careful, this game and movie combo is in FULL 3-D!!!!! WAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.answers.com/topic/barbie-and-the-magic-of-pegasus-1