WATCH OUT!! Steam account hijacker

DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
edited April 2009 in Gaming
Steam accounts being hijacked, mine and cannon fodders got snatched, someone with ask you to log into a steampowered look-alike site and shortly there after, your done, trying to get the word out!

Doc

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    This has been going around for about a while now, or so I've heard from the folks over at EdgeGamers, they've had several people compromised as well.
  • DocFrazierDocFrazier Gladbrook, IA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    ****ing bastards, i'll kill 'em
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    He will. He's crazy. I know. He killed me!

IS THIS THE END OF ZOMBIE MYRMIDON?
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Zombie Myrmidon and Cannonfodder will RISE again....stronger, more decayed, and smellier than EVER.

AND that is TOTAL BS. How dare someone profane with thievery the holiest of gaming holies. I believe theft of a Steam account is authorization to use deadly force if you can find the culprits.
  • edited April 2009
    Isn't steam made to be safe and protect your games from hackers.
    They must be pretty smart to be able to do this.

but DocFrazier does bring up a good point, they definitely are ****ing bastards.

Holy crap!
    i think my old ones been hacked too. I havn't been on it for ages but it says i was last online 6 hours ago. ****ing bastards.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2009
    It's a phishing scheme like any other. You get a message/email/website that says click here for super wonder bonus and it redirects you to a site that looks exactly like your credit/banking/steam site only it's not a real site it's some account logging site in Kerplackistan and once you submit your account info they usually redirect you to the official site and make it look like a password error.