any help with deleted files from raid 0 (wd my book)

edited April 2009 in Hardware
is there anyway i can remove the disks from the nas box and add them to an internal raid card to recreate a raid 0 without losing data

Larry

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2009
    Did the nas box stop working or what happened that's brought you into this situation. Because what you are wanting to do has very little chance of working.
  • edited April 2009
    kryyst wrote:
    Did the nas box stop working or what happened that's brought you into this situation. Because what you are wanting to do has very little chance of working.

I deleted a folder of work that I shouldn't have and need to get it back. The NAS device is working fine.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited April 2009
    If you can mount the nas as a drive then you can run Recuva and it should be able to find your deleted files.

Pulling drives out and trying to build a raid 0 in another computer, your more likely to lose everything on that drive then just the folder.
  • edited April 2009
    Im not exactly sure of how to mount the NAS as a drive. I have physically taken the disks out and attached them internally to a PC. Uneraser found a RAID volume and I was able to scan the vol from there. It saw some data but I couldnt identify whether it came from the deleted folder because there were no recognisible names/folders etc and there were 1000's of documents to look through. Looks as though recuva has some filters so may be better.