Guild Stuff

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Gaming
Ok... so we are a couple months into this and things seem to be rolling decently, although we have a couple "drop outs" (you know who you are dammit ;D:mean: )

Following up from this thread: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81086 this is what I come up with (adjusted for the couple I know that are different):

Kaitolainen - 66 - (Prime) - Skinning / Leatherworking
Kethark - 53 - (Prime) - Herbalism / Inscription
Eggie - 33 (wait wut?) - Tailoring
Prag - 72 - (hmmmm) - Skinning / Mining
Nicea - 72 - (Annes) - Herbalism / Alchemy
Nebelwerfer - 66 - (Tiberiuslazarus) - Tailoring / Herbalism
Satharas - 72 - (Tiberiuslazarus) - unknown at this time
Caballeros - 61 - (Nights) - Skinning / Leatherworking
Pigflipper - 32 - (ummm duh) - Skinning / Mining
Flixpinger - 74 - (see above) - Unsure
Cierra - 79 - (Fatcat) - Engineering / Mining
Myraestus - 66 - (MiracleManS) - Enchanting / ??
Oknup - 44 - (Mason) - Tailoring / Enchanting
Ownhammer - 55 - (Sledgehammer) - Mining / Jewelcrafting
Klein - 45 - (_K_) - Leatherworking / Skinning
Nevex - 75 - (Nevex, aka Seth) - Leatherworking / Skinning
ÃŽt - 73 - (Nevex, aka Seth) - Skinning / Enchanting
Ït - 75 - (Allen, Seth's bro) - Weaponsmith / Mining (yes we have two "Its")
Fluff - 66 - (Fluff or Patty) - Unkown at this time
Hoggva - 55 - (Crazy Joe) - Blacksmithing / Mining
Aquon - 67 - (RyderOCZ) - Blacksmithing / Mining
Grumork - 63 - (RyderOCZ) - Skinning / Mining
Abraham - 66 - (Prag) - Unknown
Cuthroat - 44 - (Allen) - Enchanting / ??
Jastan - 10 - (Rexxar) - Unknown
Preacherr - 10 - (Preacher) - Unknown
Yuckynuts - 60 - (Allen) - Unknown
Muharo - 43 - (Prime) - Unknown
Phluphph - 65 - (John) - Unknown

I have included some alts in there as well, even though they may not get played as much.

PLEASE POST THE CURRENT LEVEL OF YOUR PROFESSION (those that need mats to level especially) This way we can keep the mats necessary (hopefully) available to you.

Those of you that are leveling up, if you need something... ASK.

We really do need everyone's professions (those that choose to keep up with it as they level) to be successful.
For Example, if you need some leather for tailoring/leatherworking that you can't "farm" because the area has mobs that make it difficult, hit me or another higher level skinner up and ask (in game mail or post here).
Likewise for some ore if you are a BS.
I have no trouble spending 30 - 60 min of my game time gathering a bit of ore for someone (which I may be able to do faster anyway with fast mount) to get things leveled up.

The Guild Bank:

Needs to have useful things in it. If you collect a lot of cloth/plant/whatever that someone can use for their profession (depending on level) then put some in there.
IMO, if mats are in the Guild bank for 1, maybe 2 weeks and not used, then whomever is in charge, should just sell them and deposit the money. I know everyone can't play every day/night, but those that are active surely play at least once a week. Take a little of that play time to check out the guild bank and if you know you are going to need something, take it out of there and put it in your own bank if you don't think you will use it within a weeks time.
Also, world drops - If you get a drop, check out the level requirement and armor class and then refer to the guild roster. If someone might be able to use it, consider putting it in the GB for that person and drop them a note. Person receiving the note, check out the item, if you want it.. great, if not, send a note back to the person so they can sell it.
If we all did this with 25 or 50% of the world drops that we get, then we can help make the lower level players a bit more "beefy" and they can level up even faster.

Some of this rambling may seem obvious, but I don't see it happening or maybe I am way off base about how a guild is supposed to work at this stage in the game.
We all want to be able to do End game content.. far more fun if I am doing it with friends. I have had a great time playing so far, I want to make it better for me and everyone else.

BTW, I am not ranting.. just trying to get organized :D

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    450/450 on both professions.

Also, the officers have plans for the Guild Bank once we can get primesuspect to log back into the game for 10 minutes.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I don't get it - you guys are the highest level of guild members; what is it that you can't do? I can't make you any higher!

Tell me and I'll see if there's some kind of permission problem
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I don't get it - you guys are the highest level of guild members; what is it that you can't do? I can't make you any higher!

Tell me and I'll see if there's some kind of permission problem

We just can't promote people to Almost HMFIC.

But we got it worked out, thanks for loggin on today to get things straightened out :thumbsup:
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    At 80, I'll be dropping skinning for JC.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Only the GM can configure the guild bank.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I am going to continue to be absent from the game for another two weeks while I finish up the semester. After that, I should go back to the normal 10-15 hours a week of play time.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    BTW..... WOW Vent channel now has a password.. if you need it PM me :D
    edited May 2009
    ****Notice of Account Closure****

Account Name: PIGFLIPPER

Account Action: Closure
    Reason for Action: Terms of Use Violation - Economy Exploitation

After a thorough investigation, we have found that a player of the account listed above participated in activities designed to gain an unfair advantage in the World of Warcraft economy.

WHAT THE ****?!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    What?!?
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, that was my response.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Were you haxxed?
    edited May 2009
    My account, with all gold, gear, and mats, was fully functional and active as late as Wednesday afternoon when I logged in to make sure the account was ready to go when classes ended. Then I get an email dated Thursday, April 30 with the information I already posted as well as links to Blizzard Support articles that had no bearing on the situation. I then called them yesterday, was told my account was perma banned for gold selling/buying and that a support representative would contact me through email; they then hung up on me.

I've never bought or sold gold for WoW and the account had been "active" for a while, but due to school I was not playing at all for well over a month. I am extremely pissed off at Blizzard right now.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    pigflipper wrote:
    My account, with all gold, gear, and mats, was fully functional and active as late as Wednesday afternoon when I logged in to make sure the account was ready to go when classes ended. Then I get an email dated Thursday, April 30 with the information I already posted as well as links to Blizzard Support articles that had no bearing on the situation. I then called them yesterday, was told my account was perma banned for gold selling/buying and that a support representative would contact me through email; they then hung up on me.

I've never bought or sold gold for WoW and the account had been "active" for a while, but due to school I was not playing at all for well over a month. I am extremely pissed off at Blizzard right now.

Any word yet from them??
    edited May 2009
    Ok, got an email back from them basically saying its not my fault, IPs didn't match up, etc. They gave me a long list of things to do, then I need to send in an email verifying that my system is clean and that nothing is wrong with it. After that, it will be 24-48 hours until my account is active again and possibly as much as 48-72 hours until any gear, mats, or gold are returned (apparently, my account was completely wiped out in the 24 hours between my last log in and the ban).

This puts me back playing by the weekend...hopefully. I will let y'all know when I get everything completed.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Ok... so we are a couple months into this and things seem to be rolling decently, although we have a couple "drop outs" (you know who you are dammit ;D:mean: )... just trying to get organized :D

Ryder,
    Rex and I are still building our characters. I am herbs and skinning for money and he is mining and jewelcrafting. We are very low level right now. Once I get to 80, I'll gladly go whatever the guild needs.
    Preach
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Fluff is 375 skinning/86 herb... and i've been absent because my alliance guild has been super active with raiding, and i really try to limit my exposure to this particular variety of crack.