Transporting WC System?

edited May 2009 in Hardware
I'm thinking about WC my system, but I am kind of apprehensive about doing so if I'm transporting the system to Expo. Does anyone have any kind of experience with this?

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    The proper thing to do is to completely drain the loop and re-fill when you arrive. It's a bit of a PITA, but hey, that's WC. Depending upon how far you drive, how many elevation changes you go through, how well you sealed the loop, and the size of your gonads, you could possibly get away with just packing it well and being careful. I don't think I'd suggest it though.
  • edited May 2009
    It'll be from Kansas City to Warren, so I'm thinking not.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Just uncap the res, and plug it up with a paper towel or something. you dont have to completely drain it.
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited May 2009
    I'm going to be moving my WCed rig from Montgomery AL to Dover Delaware in the beginning of july. I don't plan to drain crap or do anything at all. I'll be sure and post back here with the results, but I don't foresee any problems. I plan to pack it into the back seat upright and cram blankets and pillows around it + seat belt it in. Wish me luck.

~FA