Blizzcon 09?

edited July 2009 in Gaming
Anyone want to go or plans on going? I'm seriously considering it, but I'm going to have to drive.

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    If i had the time and cash I'd love to go, but not this year.
    I'm already signed up for Quakecon :D
  • edited May 2009
    Goofy damn Texan, you are even 'kind of' on the way for the drive.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I doubt I'll be able to go, but I'd really, really like to have an IC presence there.
  • edited May 2009
    I'll see what I can do about going still, just not sure. Tickets go on sale on Saturday.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Have the desire to go.

Have the time off to go.

Have the OMGDIABLO3 to go.

Have SIGGRAPH a week before it.

Have not so many funds.

So we'll have to wait and see.
    edited May 2009
    ^ exactly
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I so want to go, I mean my preorder of starcraft II is nice but I am so waiting for diablo III
  • edited May 2009
    Tickets go on sale at 10am pdt.
  • edited May 2009
    Doesn't look like I'm getting tickets on this round of sales. I'll try again the 30th.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    is it in Cali?
  • edited May 2009
    Anaheim, yah
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I'm going, one way or another. I'm living 45 miles from where Blizzcon will be this year. I tried getting in the ticket queue on the 16th and ended up #10226 in line. Didn't get a ticket. So I'll try again this weekend. If that fails, I have plans.

A relative will order Blizzcon on DirecTV, so I'm guaranteed the Grunty murloc pet.

Then I'm going to roll down to the parking lot where Blizzcon is with a sign for the people exiting, to buy their pass if they don't need it after the first day and / or to buy their Grunty code as well. Then I'll be able to get in on the second day.

Alternatively, I may apply for a part time job at the convention center and try to get in as an usher on that weekend, then once inside I'll walk around and see everything and take bribes to sneak people in somehow.

These are some of my plans, but ticket or no, I will be there! It'll be a fun challenge!

What if I actually manage to get a ticket this coming saturday? Well, I guess I'll just go in like everyone else.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited May 2009
    With determination like that you can't go wrong. :]

Wish I could go but Tech shows, let alone video game conventions, seem to rarely come to Vancouver. O well, have fun and be sure to take photos if you can.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    If it makes you feel any better DrLiam KC gets RV shows and that's about it. Although Comic-con came this year.
    edited May 2009
    Detroit.

That is all.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I got 2 tickets to Blizzcon :) if anyone is going we need to grab drinks!