intel ich9 slipstream driver needed

nato03nato03 Utah
edited May 2009 in Hardware
Hey all,

I tried following a guide found here to slipstream drivers into my xp install in order to install xp on my acer aspire 5735 laptop. I was getting an error pci.sys but got past it by slipstreaming sp2 onto my disk using nlite. Once I tried the new disk I got an error "STOP: 0x0000007B" when I did a google search for the error I came across a site that explained that this is the most common blue screen of death error in windows and is caused by windows having trouble with the boot device due to hardware being broken, driver issues, or a bootsector virus. I don't think I have broken hardware or a virus so I am assuming the SATA driver I downloaded from this site were not sufficient.

The driver listed in vista is Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

Under system devices it lists the chipset as Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Series. I am assuming they left the 9 off and that it is a 945 chipset. I found the correct driver on intel's website but it is a PNP driver and I don't know how to make a textmode driver.

Of course I could be way off base about this whole issue.

If any of you geniuses out there can help me all your wildest dreams will come true :wink: j/k.

Please help!

Nate

Comments

• trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family....

Floppy installer disk for F6 or slipstreaming...

Here is the general link for the Mobile 4 Series...
    Mobile 4 Series Downloads

If you have a floppy or a USB floppy life is easy, I've never tried slipstreaming drivers, but there should be enough howtos out there...

You could also disable AHCI in the bios and put the SATA port in IDE mode, then the driver would not be needed at boot time...

Performance difference is moot on a notebook. If you need HotPlug or NCQ you'll have to leave it on...

Good Luck!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Download this package: here
    Follow the chart on this page: here
  • nato03nato03 Utah
    edited May 2009
    I have another problem now... I am wondering if anyone knows what controls the buttions on the aspire that let you turn your wireless on/off and adjust your volume... I assume it is some kind of keyboard driver? I couldn't see anything particular on acer's website. It might be included with the chipset drivers but the ones I installed don't make it function.

Once again... any help would be great.

-Nate

-P.S. adding sp2 to my winxp pro install fixed the pci.sys error and changing the SATA controller to IDE fixed my driver issue. --thanks for the help :buck:
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Great to hear!

The Satellite Dish Button should turn your wireless off and on as well as Fn +Speaker ))) / Speaker ) should turn your volume up or down. You wont get the on screen display of these functions without the Launch Manager Software loaded.

Here is a link from acer LaunchMgr_Dritek_v.2.0.04_XPx86.zip
  • nato03nato03 Utah
    edited May 2009
    I found a pretty good place to download all the drivers for this machine here I put a post on the blog (May 16, 2009) explaining how I got the sound working.

Thanks again for all you help! This is a great forum. Nice to see ppl willing to help out w/ stuff for free
    :D

-Nate