Ideas for L4D survival maps

WinfreyWinfrey waddafuhMissouri Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Gaming
There are so many zombie movies out there that there should be a plethora of maps based on them coming out for L4D. One that should definitely be made is the pub from Shaun of the Dead. Add in some custom skins, peanut bags instead of pills, and we got ourselves a great map;D

Any other ideas people have floating around out there?

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Maybe it's my 15 years in the Navy, but I think zombies on a ship would be cool. I also think Zombies in the jungle, in caves, and in the arctic would make great maps.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    A ship is a great idea big cargo liner or cruise ship. A giant factory where the machines can either help or hinder you would be cool. Also I think an amusement park or circus of some sort would be pretty epic. Zombie Clowns = Uber scary.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    O.o...Good Idea, Koreish. Running through an active factory, shooting zombies, and dodging lifts/belts/gears/presses would be cool.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    A ship would be a lot of fun, especially a cruise ship or a battleship. Along the same theme, I was thinking an oil rig would be really cool, with cramped dark downstairs and lofty tower positions for hunters and smokers.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Cruise ships, factories, and oil rigs... answering the question "How can we make these caches of weapons even more implausible?"
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Wait, who doesn't have at least 1 weapons cache tucked away in a corner of their house? I'd think a ship or an oil rig would have at least 15.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    It'd be near impossible to do, but if someone could recreate The Hive from Resident Evil (the film) as a series of levels, that might be cool.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Lincoln wrote:
    Cruise ships, factories, and oil rigs... answering the question "How can we make these caches of weapons even more implausible?"

All ships have caches of weapons to fight off the Somalian pirates, duh! And factories clearly need protection from fear mongering labor unions. And wtf, when were large amounts of automatic weapons make sense in a hospital? It's zombie survival, don't ask questions shoot the zombies!
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    A star destroyer.

It just SCREAMS "new weapons" and "new zombie textures."

...it also screams "royalties."
    edited May 2009
    Lincoln wrote:

Cruise ship that was hosting an NRA convention, Weapons factory, Oil rig off of Singapore. Problem solved.:D
  • MezzanineMezzanine Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Is no one up for the obvious SHOPPING MALL?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Is no one up for the obvious SHOPPING MALL?

^ This.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Old. What's the goal, getting to the food court?

I too like the cruise ship. You have to make it from bow to stern to get to the life boats and row to freedom!
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:

I too like the cruise ship. You have to make it from bow to stern to get to the life boats and row to freedom!

I think it might be a little rough and very close quarters. The only way to make it work would be if you had to get the ship started again to get away from X or Y thing that's making it unsafe to use life rafts.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    You could even call the map Failboat.
    edited May 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:

It don't think "old," I think "classic."

As for the goal, it's not a campaign, it's a survival map. The goal is to survive for as long as possible. There's not supposed to be rescue in survival maps. Did you ever notice that all the other maps have tag lines like "Hell came to earth, these four sent it back!" But Lighthouse just says, "It doesn't end well..."
    There could be a GUN STORE and a PHARMACY in the mall with WEAPONS and PEELS! And then I could get to live out of my Dawn of the Dead fantasy.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Crossroads mall

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:crossroadsmall&catid=2:news

That guys been working on that map since before L4D, I imagine if he is gunna do it, it will be soon.

I would also like to see Failboat

-Bobby
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Bobby1211 wrote:
    Crossroads mall
    No kidding? That is the name of the mall here in town.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I want a map set in a school!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I want a map set in a school!

No killing the small, zombie children.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    yeah, like the school from silent hill.
    edited May 2009
    No killing the small, zombie children.
    It's what the children get for not paying attention during Zombie Apocalypse class.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    It don't think "old," I think "classic."

As for the goal, it's not a campaign, it's a survival map. The goal is to survive for as long as possible. There's not supposed to be rescue in survival maps. Did you ever notice that all the other maps have tag lines like "Hell came to earth, these four sent it back!" But Lighthouse just says, "It doesn't end well..."
    There could be a GUN STORE and a PHARMACY in the mall with WEAPONS and PILLS! And then I could get to live out of my Dawn of the Dead fantasy.

You spelled "pills" wrong. I corrected you.
    edited May 2009
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    You spelled "pills" wrong. I corrected you.

That's how Louis spells it. GRABBIN PEELS!
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Don't make fun of my man, Louis. We go way back...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    PIWS!