New Hobbyist Music Mixer Needing Samples

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited May 2009 in Science & Tech
So I picked up a MIDI keyboard for some hobbyist mixing, but I need some good samples.

I'm looking for hip-hop sounds. Good deep bass kicks have been very hard for me to find so I wouldn't mind picking up a collection of them.

Does anyone else do this kind of thing? Any suggestions?

I'll probably start with garageband 09 (which looks fricken SWEET!) and maybe someday move on to protools or whatever.

Ill be using a MAC mostly, and am open to any tips or suggestions on software, tutorials, time saving tips, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2009
    you can start at http://www.macloops.com/
    but generally just google 'free garageband downloads loops samples' and jackpot.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2009
    Oh wow very nice. This macloops site looks quite promising, but what I am looking for are tiny wav files representing different drum beats etc. Im probably going about this the wrong way, but aren't there like CDs of these somewhere?

Kinda like different drums for like a drum machine? In fact the banner on the left for Big Drums Mega Packs etc might be what I'm looking for (depending on cost anyways) but from the preview it sounds like a disc of actual drum loops rather than individual drum sounds.

I'm sorry I am such a pathetic n00b and fail to explain myself clearly.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2009
    If I'm understanding you, you can already create basic singular drum hits in garage band using the instruments tools.

Also there are garage band instrument add-ons you can get, but they aren't free.