Enough Power?

QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Hardware
I had a single Geforce 9600GSO, and I decided to get a second one because of a bundle (it was only like $30 compared to $100) (Tiger Direct). I then realized that my power supply only had 38A on the 12+V rail. I knew that the 9600GSO's power requirement was 26A if I'm correct. So, should I replace my psu with one that can support the 52A (26 x 2), or should I just leave it for now and wait a little for the second psu?

Apologies for my obvious indecisveness, and/or noobishness!

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    The GSO does not need 26A by itself. They recommend a PSU with at least that much on the 12V rail so the card and the rest of the system can co-exist.

I think you will be fine, provided you don't get any overclocking too out of hand.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    The GSO does not need 26A by itself. They recommend a PSU with at least that much on the 12V rail so the card and the rest of the system can co-exist.

I think you will be fine, provided you don't get any overclocking too out of hand.
    Thanks a lot, I was very worried. And I'm probably only going to overclock very little, since I'm the kind of guy who's cpu would just suddenly combust.

Wouldn't that be just horrible. D:

Well thanks a lot, I already love this site. n_n
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Welcome to Icrontic, Quadwhore :)