Enermax psus

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
I wanna buy three 350 psus... I wanna have one dual p2 450mhz system, one 2.4ghz p4 system, and one xp1900+ system.
I was wondering if 350watts is enuf for all of these to run and if there is any real difference between the 350 watt psus listed here
http://www.newegg.com/app/Viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=enermax&searchdepa=0&srchFor=350
if anyone wants to suggest other psu companies...feel free

Comments

• ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Are you on a budget of any kind? How many optical and hdd's you looking at for each system, along with case fans and all.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    well, these will all be folding rigs...so i dont really need optical etc in them...ill prolly have only a floppy...and a 8xdvd drive in there JUST to set up windows
    for the dual p2 ill have a 13.6gig maxtor harddrive
    and 256megs of pc100 ram
    for the athlon ill have a 40 gig maxtor hd (5400rpm)
    256 of pc2100 ram
    for the p4 ill have a 30 gig maxtor hs (5400rpm)
    256 of pc2100 ram
    and im not really on a budget...but i dont wanna spend an exorbant amount of money on these psus seeing how theyll only be used for folding
    edited June 2003
    Ok considering what you will be using the computers for, and not having and optical drives or anything sucking out a lot of power, I would say you should be safe. Now if these were going to be servers or gaming machines with higher specs I would suggest another model, etc...
    edited June 2003
    so the first model listed seems to be good enough huh???
    what if i do add an optical drive (probably just a 52x cdrom) do u still suggest that setup
    edited June 2003
    The first model listed seems good to me, for what you will be using the system for. As for adding an optical drive, if your adding just a cdrom then you should also be fine. Will the cdrom be permanent? will it be used regularly? I ran a pentium III 650mhz, one dvd drive, and one 8x burner and 512 sdram with a 30 and 60 gb hard drive for like a year with no problems. oh and this was on a 120w psu, talking about pushing the limits, hehe
    edited June 2003
    :wow: man....now that is pushing limits.... thanks for your help cluth!!
    edited June 2003
    haha you are soo right, I just knew the psu was going to start smoking any time but it didnt, but I'm sure if I were to use it any longer that way then it would have caused a fire. Glad I could be of some assistance :beer: