Who is ready for Starcraft 2

BustedByFedsBustedByFeds Ephrata, PA
edited June 2009 in Gaming
Its been several years that i have been waiting for Starcraft 2 to be released and now its just on the horizon of coming to our world to shake things up a bit.

I know the first day it comes out I will be holding my preordered game recipt shaking it Gamestops doors screaming intensely to open the fracking door.
It will be a day known as Operation Game All Day or O.G.A.D. .

if you have a little bit of Starcraft blood flowing through your veins you know exactly what im talking about. So im just wondering who is wondering and pondering on the day the great day the day of reckining the day well you know.

Anyway let me know.

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I very excited for it. I didn't really get into Warcraft back in the day, but I did certainly play Starcraft.

I didn't play it as much as I played Command and Conquer, or Red Alert, but it comes closely behind them.

I hope the multiplayer is good with SC2. I got discouraged with SC online simply because zerg rushes ruined it for me.

I gotta admit though, as far as Blizzard IP's are concerned, I'm beyond excited for Diablo 3. D2 is one of my favorite games. I fear for the time sink that D3 will be.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    U know It Bro. We will be at the store ready to go! I got my preorder receipt in my wallet still! ( it sits in the place where the Ole Trusty condom once sat, Married now so no need! ) I will sink a TON of time into the void of SC2! I also am scared to buy D3 when it is released I dont wanna be a bad hubby!! lol
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I'm excited for Starcraft II, but honestly I'd rather have Warcraft IV.
    edited May 2009
    mas0n wrote:
    I'm excited for Starcraft II, but honestly I'd rather have Warcraft IV.

Honestly I think I will be 30 by the time that comes around! and I will be 26 in 1 week
  • BustedByFedsBustedByFeds Ephrata, PA
    edited May 2009
    Were all waiting for something... i just hope SC2 meets my expectations!
    edited May 2009
    Were all waiting for something... i just hope SC2 meets my expectations!

Man I am stoked

Ghostbusters then SC2 and then Diablo III I am in heaven!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I'm bummed out by Starcraft honestly. Not because of the game itself but because Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to break it into three games. That's gonna make it a bitch to complete the story unless each game is a third, or close to, the cost of a complete game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    No details have been released on pricing, so why get bummed about it? Why not at least wait until we have facts?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2009
    Not excited about it at all. Once you get over it's freshness in a week people will have figured out the new equiv to the Zergh rush, one week later they'll figure out the counter and then it'll be a pointless game again.

Personally the only games I'm getting excited about are Blood Bowl and possibly Dragon Age.
    edited May 2009
    The terran has a counter attack to the rush you just got to look at it without those judgmental eyes
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I WAS excited about StarCraft 2 until Blizzard decided to release it in 3 parts.

I'll wait till all 3 are on sale for $19.99 now.
  • edited May 2009
    I've been looking forward to it since I heard it was in the making.
    Honestly, about the trilogy bit, I think that if they don't overprice them it should be fine.
    Looking forward to new strategies that come along with the new units.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited May 2009
    The terran has a counter attack to the rush you just got to look at it without those judgmental eyes

That's kinda my point, the game turns into a large game of rock, paper, scissors for the people who know the strategies. For those that don't they just get slaughtered.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    I WAS excited about StarCraft 2 until Blizzard decided to release it in 3 parts.

I'll wait till all 3 are on sale for $19.99 now.

Nobody has any idea what the price is going to be. Why not withhold the butthurt pricing QQ until we actually know what the pricing is?
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Nobody has any idea what the price is going to be. Why not withhold the butthurt pricing QQ until we actually know what the pricing is?
    I agree with this.
    edited May 2009
    its 49 preordered
  • BustedByFedsBustedByFeds Ephrata, PA
    edited May 2009
    Prices only the diehard fans know the price and really don't care http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65548
    $50
    this price is from gamestop your locked in at this price but it drops you get the difference and if goes you don't have to worry about paying more.
  • edited May 2009
    Prices only the diehard fans know the price and really don't care http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65548
    $50
    this price is from gamestop your locked in at this price but it drops you get the difference and if goes you don't have to worry about paying more.
    I've seen that. Not really much to go on, they're just putting that as a preset to be safe.
    And that's only for the first one. I doubt they'd really charge the same for what's essentially two expansion packs.
    edited May 2009
    The Zerg and Protoss games might be considered expasion packs, but I don't really think they are. They're two full length games just like the Terran's game plus they're supposed to add new multiplayer content with each release. I just can't see them charging the rate that most expansions go at.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Thrax wrote:

the point i made was I'll wait for the ENTIRE game

which by then it'll be in the wal-mart bin for $19.99 ;)
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    My beef isn't the price, its getting the game bit by bit. A Terran-only multiplayer is going to blow. And yet I'll still be standing at the door of gamespot with my pre-order receipt come release. DAMN YOU BLIZZARD STOP MAKING AMAZING GAMES
    edited May 2009
    No the multiplayer is is complete you have access to all the races and their units. As Zerg and Protoss games come out we get new units, new maps, new... something else. At least that's the way I've understood it. But Blizzard has promised a complete multiplayer experience from just the Terran game.
    edited May 2009
    yep complete multi from the first game
  • edited June 2009
    Heck ya I'm excited. Just check out this trailer; Best quality one I've seen by far:

http://www.mightv.com/index.php/gaming/game-trailers/60-starcraft-2/348-starcraft-2-cinematic-trailer-hd

Guess it takes a true Starcraft1 fan to be so excited for the next one.