Absolutely no video out.

QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Hardware
I've just "finished" building my computer, yet I'm encountering a major problem; I'm not getting any video out, as in nothing on my monitor. These are the major specs:

Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz 1333Fsb
XFX nforce 750i extreme
Dual nVidia Geforce 9600GSO's
4 Gb DDR2 800Mhz Memory
650 Watt Psu

I have no idea what the problem is. I'm really worried that the cpu is dead, and I hope it is not. :sad2:

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    QuadWhore wrote:
    I've just "finished" building my computer, yet I'm encountering a major problem; I'm not getting any video out, as in nothing on my monitor. These are the major specs:

Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz 1333Fsb
    XFX nforce 750i extreme
    Dual nVidia Geforce 9600GSO's
    4 Gb DDR2 800Mhz Memory
    650 Watt Psu

I have no idea what the problem is. I'm really worried that the cpu is dead, and I hope it is not. :sad2:

Start by pulling that second video card out of SLI and try to boot with a single card the first time, then add the second card in as you get your drivers set up.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Start by pulling that second video card out of SLI and try to boot with a single card the first time, then add the second card in as you get your drivers set up.

Will try. :( Thank you.

Edit: I got rid of the second card, and I've traded out my ram sticks, but yet no luck. :confused2

I've been looking around and I still cannot find an answer or fix.
    edited May 2009
    QuadWhore wrote:
    Will try. :( Thank you.

Edit: I got rid of the second card, and I've traded out my ram sticks, but yet no luck. :confused2

I've been looking around and I still cannot find an answer or fix.

How about onbaord video, do you have it, or just PCIE slots?

Have you tried connecting to the other DVI head to see if that changes anything?
    edited May 2009
    How about onbaord video, do you have it, or just PCIE slots?

Have you tried connecting to the other DVI head to see if that changes anything?

I've tried both dvi heads, and even switching out the cards, both tries unsuccsessful. And I have just the pcie slots, no onboard graphics. I have also reset cmos, and moved my memory around. Could it be a problem with power?

Edit: Wait, I might be shorting out the motherboard to the case. Let me see.
    edited May 2009
    AHAH! I have fixed my problem. Thanks for all the help anyway!
    edited May 2009
    QuadWhore wrote:
    AHAH! I have fixed my problem. Thanks for all the help anyway!

I am curious, what was it?
  • edited May 2009

probably a short in the case like he said......
    edited June 2009
    It was one of the sticks of my memory, and the first dimm slot on my mobo. Got it all situated out! Thanks for the help though.
  • tommysfuntommysfun las vegas
    edited June 2009
    I am having the same problem! what did you do to the memory/slots??
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Tommy: Try taking all of your memory sticks out, then use each one of them one at a time in each memory slot. Repeat this with each memory stick until you know which stick or slots are bad.
  • edited June 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Tommy: Try taking all of your memory sticks out, then use each one of them one at a time in each memory slot. Repeat this with each memory stick until you know which stick or slots are bad.

this worked for me as well saved me from reseating every thing.
    thank you quad...for giving the solution...