its impossible to run an athlon xp3200 barton core at 2.2 gigahertz

edited June 2009 in Hardware
i've never been able to solve this problem and i also have a zalman cpu cooler on it.
tried an external fan to help.i dont nkow if its the cpu or mobo someone is going down dont give external links lets see if someone can help i'm testing icrontic.if i cant solve this issue here then i dont nkow what to say i will be sad once again....

so here we go i can run my athlon xp3200 at166 frontside bus speed but not the full 200 advertised and supported.
never on auto can i run this rig without it shutting down it's not software related.
tried all different types of power supplys etc big small antec tp 2 trupower thermaltake toughpower etc different video cards etc
the memory i have is kingston im not going to another brand i m going to stick with the modules i have because they work on my ms socket 939 at the full 200 front side bus speed and this doesnt.

this motherboard is an asus a7n8xe ultra mcp mobo jumpers are set right etc etc bios reset etc etc no matter what i cannot not run tis mobo at the full speed i know it used to be a laptop chip but im sure somebody has figured out how to run it at the full speed.
also i know its not the north bridge i tried cooling that also adding externel
cooling like leaving it out the window in the winter etc there is no way i can run it at the stable 200 front side bus speed but it does work at 166 fsb
with the lower memmory timmings.
already blew 2 power supplys it was an antec tp 2 100$ powersupply)and a thermaltake(purepower 420 $42 dollars at the begining though that was that powersupplys fault both times... but the first time it happend to my therlmatake i rma that one and is currently been powering it for 4 years...the antec was heating up and left it in my closet...didnt even bother the rma process and the and doesnt work with my msi socket 939 cpu connector is not compatible or something....antec sucks.....
any way can someone help
asus and amd both state no recommendations for that socket wich has 462 pins(socket)...

so can anyone help ?
here are my specs currently 2 kingston memory sticks ,400 version
1 gigabyte in total(2x512megabyte)in singlechannel or dual channel will still shut off with one 2 or what ever amount of stick combinations etcat the full speed
asus mobo asus a7nx8e ultra mcp

athlon xp 3200 barton core flagship mobo with flagship cpu for athlon xp
and socket a highest rated mobo completly compatible and kingston kvr400 also fully compatible.
i think anyway its not the memory as ive been able to test all the other parts so its asus or amd wich one guys?

it's only been impossible for me perhaps.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Have you updated the bios to the latest version?
    Have you tried other memory in this rig? (It may be a compatability issue)
    Have you tried just 1 stick in the fartest slot from the socket?

This is all I can come up with for now. socket 462 is a long way away for me right now that I can not remember.
  • edited May 2009
    im glad to see you up at this time...
    i saw your relpys here first at icrontic and it (the ones i noticed the most). you were the 1 i was looking for.....lol just kiddin glad you can help do tell plz tell me what to do.....are you gonna help me solve this?i can run it at that speed 2 but not forever it will eventually shut down....
    edited May 2009
    I edited my orogial post as I felt it was in bad taste. That should help.
  • edited May 2009
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    I edited my orogial post as I felt it was in bad taste. That should help.

that is not it i did all of those they currently unlocked the multiplier or whatever i did .
    i have 3 different memory from kingston bought at differnt points i dont nkow but its not the memory. i nkow that i already stated its not the memmory.(i might be wrong maybe kingston is not fully compatible)but i doubt that as it works with it at the 166 frontside bus speed without shut down) im not spending 1 more penny on this rig.no way it is the memory i should of listen to the guy that was selling it to me at and bought an athlon xp2500 thats the answer...that should answer the post what do think?but whos fault asus or amd.....i will never forget this....i think the board is weak....the memmory is fully comapatible...but i do thank you for trying to help me with this....what brand of specs do have for this cpu?
    edited May 2009
    It very well could be the memory. I would try to borrow something not Kingston and try it. Actually you can run Memtest first and see if that sends you in the right direction.
  • edited May 2009
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    It very well could be the memory. I would try to borrow something not Kingston and try it. Actually you can run Memtest first and see if that sends you in the right direction.

why do insist on the memmory the board is shutting down not the memmory?it is compatible it works with lower speeds...with another board im simply asking why its shiting down wich ones is the weak link it cannot be the memmory because it works at full 200 fsb on my msi socket 939 motherboard i dont run mem test i dont need the wear and tear on my sticks.....im not the only one with this problem....
    edited May 2009
    why do insist on the memmory the board is shutting down not the memmory?it is compatible it works with lower speeds...with another board im simply asking why its shiting down wich ones is the weak link it cannot be the memmory because it works at full 200 fsb on my msi socket 939 motherboard i dont run mem test i dont need the wear and tear on my sticks.....im not the only one with this problem....

I am putting it out there as a compatability issue and not that the memory doesn't work. Also asus boards are notorious for being quarky especially with different memory. Just because the sticks you now have work in a different board do not mean they will work with this board. I had the same board at one time and most memory would not work at all! After a bios update i was able to get some to run but not well, including full speed like what you are experiencing.

Have you tried to relax the memory timings when you run @200fsb?
    edited May 2009
    Memtest will not wear out your sticks!!!

DFNDEL
    NLTMMNWDTAM
  • edited May 2009
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    Memtest will not wear out your sticks!!!

DFNDEL
    NLTMMNWDTAM

still shutts down when relaxed the memmory timming that is ... i did that too in the beginning....memtest is not free ?and does it run the launcher itself within xp?is there an exe file of that program that runs within xp.....or at least launch from there then test after boot...
    edited May 2009
    first, memtest is free!

Next you need to download the file version you need to use, unzip it and copy to CD-ROM or floppy. You will need to set the boot option in the bios to boot from your floppy or CD first depending on what you have available. If you have a floppy I would use it as first choice.

Memtest runs in DOS mode after boot up befrore Windows starts and will keep running till you comand it to stop. I would run it for at least 4 passes. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Use this link for a bootable floppy.

Use this link to burn a bootable ISO on a CD.
  • edited May 2009
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    first, memtest is free!

Next you need to download the file version you need to use, unzip it and copy to CD-ROM or floppy. You will need to set the boot option in the bios to boot from your floppy or CD first depending on what you have available. If you have a floppy I would use it as first choice.

Memtest runs in DOS mode after boot up befrore Windows starts and will keep running till you comand it to stop. I would run it for at least 4 passes. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Use this link for a bootable floppy.

Use this link to burn a bootable ISO on a CD.

im not doing this i was expecting a better reply .... can you suggest something else....i dont like that reply....i dont do memtest...i hope you understand if you dont like what i have to say then its ok i understand i will leave this forum,....
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Memtest is an industry-standard program for testing the reliability of a computer's memory sticks. Faulty memory is a leading cause of system issues, and it's an easy first place to start when eliminating progressively more obscure causes of system malfunction.

When a doctor doesn't know what the problem is, you rule out the easy stuff first. Memtest is that easy first thing.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    its ok i understand i will leave this forum,....
    Here, let me help you.

:banned:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Also: LOLB&.
  • edited May 2009
    i will leave this forum,....

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup
    edited May 2009
    im not doing this i was expecting a better reply .... can you suggest something else....i dont like that reply....i dont do memtest...i hope you understand if you dont like what i have to say then its ok i understand i will leave this forum,....
    mirage wrote:
    :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick! Banstick!
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited June 2009
    Awww... too bad I missed this guy, he seemed interesting. Even though I could sum him up in three points it seems:

1. I have just discover the 'Reinstall' and never going back. I expect a thank you every time I recommend it by the way.1
    2. I expect all responses to be fully written and legible... but I don't expect this from myself.
    3. ????
    4. B&

C'est la vie.
    edited June 2009
    I feek that nothing good can be added to this thread.
This discussion has been closed.