State of the Guild

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming
I promoted RyderOCZ to Guild Master. I'm too busy right now to maintain a constant presence. If and when I come back full time I will discuss with Ryder if he still wants to be GM or whatever.

So, CONGRATS to RyderOCZ. This man is seriously dedicated to the Guild, and will serve it well.

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    and then there were three.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Am I included there?
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Yessir. I think it's just you, Ryder and I who are on regularly.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    *sad panda*
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    TF2 + L4D + Family + Work + Sleep + Eat = Not enough time for WoW
    ;-(
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    And so the fate of every family casual guild comes, at last, to pass.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    As the Guild Turns....
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    TF2 + L4D + Family + Work + Sleep + Eat = Not enough time for WoW
    ;-(

Same here, I use to play but TF2 is so much damn fun!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I will be back next week.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    so, I guess my getting into WOW will be a self learning experience.
    Guess I'll join a normal realm and solo it out.
    When I posted on the guild info thread, I didn't realize everyone in the guild has more or less stopped playing.
    Bummer, Thought I might have a few friends to walk me through getting into it.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Hey Hawk,

I still play (although with Expo coming up.. not every day and not for more than an hour or so)

It is going to be thin until after Expo, I want to finish getting to 80 (78 atm) but yes, unless more join in, there is no one really left at lower levels.

Totally up to you, but if you do join this server.. np adding you to guild. It will at least give you some resources (gold at the beginning for repairs) from the guild bank you wouldn't have, unless you find a guild on whatever server.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    If I join the guild and Tortheldrin realm it's in a PVP realm and I'll be open to attack in most areas won't I?
    Or is that not how it works.
    edited June 2009
    You will be immune from Alliance attacks until Level 20 (approx) depending on where exactly you quest.

Yes, Tortheldrin is PVP, so once you are out of the "starter" zones.. you could get 1 shotted by a higher level, etc and it happens. Sometimes you even get a jerk player who will "camp" your corpse and when you resurrect, he kills you again. Sometimes you just have to log out and try again later, it can be frustrating.
    Playing on a "normal" realm means it is only you vs the AI/game, no other "real live" player can hurt you unless you choose to (you can enable PVP mode).
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I'd have to join Tortheldrin PVP to be in the IC guild.
    Is anyone still playing from IC?
    Is it going to be worth it to join the Tortheldrin PVP realm?
    Sorry about all the questions. Just want to be sure what I'm doing.
    Don't want to pay $25 to change over to another server.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Go PvP. The ganking is worth it when you're on the side that's doing the killing.
    edited June 2009
    Yes, you have to join Tortheldrin to be in the IC guild.

As you can see from this thread, 3 of us are still working towards 80, Mason is at 63, me at 78, MMS at 79.
    I do not see a lot of action until the end of summer, but that may or may not change, really hard to say right now.
    I will surely be on, Mason is moving, so it may be a couple weeks until he is back regularly. MMS, is also on vacation right now.

So, there will be a few, but at this moment, I don't know how often you will see us. Me, not so much until beginning of July, due to Expo next week.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    ok, just trying to make sure.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Yes, you have to join Tortheldrin to be in the IC guild.

As you can see from this thread, 3 of us are still working towards 80, Mason is at 63, me at 78, MMS at 79.
    I do not see a lot of action until the end of summer, but that may or may not change, really hard to say right now.
    I will surely be on, Mason is moving, so it may be a couple weeks until he is back regularly. MMS, is also on vacation right now.

So, there will be a few, but at this moment, I don't know how often you will see us. Me, not so much until beginning of July, due to Expo next week.

That's cool,
    It will give me time to level up and learn the basics.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    So, i'm going to get the $12.99 per month for a 6-month run.
    I'll let you know what my name/handle is going to be after I set up my account in a few mins.
    edited June 2009
    I am Aquon, MMS is Myraestus, Mason is Oknup.

If you need anything, there is an in game mail system, you can send mail at any mailbox. Just mail away if you need something.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I liked PvP :D
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    ok, Thnx Ryder.
    I'll add you names to my friends.
    Getting account set up now.
    Get your butt back in there then Priime! lol JK
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    If you ever feel like playing Alliance, hop on Thunderlord. I can help you out with some gold and bags and stuff.

I'll probably be on under one of these:
    Khallel
    Synara
    Tallah
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Do I have to purchase WOW in the stores or can I DL it?
    I see there is a 10 day trial.
    Can I convert/pay and get the full version?
    Or do i need to get WOW III at a brick and mortar?
    Oh, And is it WOW III?
    Sorry about all the newb questions.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    You can buy the game online and do a direct download if you don't want to hit up a brick and mortar store.
    edited June 2009
    You can download it right from worldofwarcraft.com, but it is like 4+GB.. so buying is better and you don't really save anything.

I found getting the "Battle Chest" with Original WoW and Burning Crusade (lets you hit up to Lvl 70) was the best deal.. like 29.99 or something when I found it.
    When you get higher level and want to continue, you will need Wrath of the Lich King (WoW III) expansion, but you must own Burning Crusade first too.

The subscription to play monthly covers anything you buy.

One of us can also send you a friend request.. gets you the 10 day trial, plus a month free for us.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    still plan to download a bunch even with having wow+burning crusade. my wow folder is 14.7GB just to let ya know.
    edited June 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    still plan to download a bunch even with having wow+burning crusade. my wow folder is 14.7GB just to let ya know.
    True this... unless for some reason he is able to get a box that was just shipped with 3.1 already in it.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Just bought a VelociRaptor 150g to replace my 36G Raptor.
    Gonna make an image over to the 150 so I can have more room.
    So, I'm going to need "Battle Chest" with Original WoW and Burning Crusade to start out then.
    Gamestop should have it. I'll check.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Yep, even with battlechest, expect 4-6gb of downloads.