Icrontic gets hands-on with The Beatles: Rock Band at E3

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Wanna know something absurd?

My wife @MichelleForster on twitter does not like the Beatles. Isn't that the most absurd thing you have ever heard??

Feel free to message her with links to Beatles content. Everyone should love the Beatles, I mean everyone else on planet earth does, right? Seriously, its the BEATLES!

Personally, I can't wait to play this game.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I also don't like the Beatles. Put that in your juicebox and drink it, Cliffy boy!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    There are a few iconic Beatles songs that I like but as a whole I never understood the hoopla. Their music is only important because of the situation and times that it came out in.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Disliking the Beatles is one thing, but denying their influence on pretty much every genre is just being disingenuous.
    edited June 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    I also don't like the Beatles. Put that in your juicebox and drink it, Cliffy boy!

:confused2:confused2:confused2:confused2:confused2:confused2:confused2:confused2:hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair::hair:

Confusion and shock!!

I honestly don't know how anyone can not dig the Beatles. I mean, I am not saying I'm their biggest fan or anything like that, but come on, they are the freaking BEATLES!

They are icons, their music grew with them and their fans, its just difficult for me to understand how anyone can fundamentally hate the band (my wife uses the term hate in describing it).

Say its a little overrated, or not so much your thing, okay, I still think its a little weird, but I can dig, but to say you hate them, its gotta be grounds for deportation or something similar.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Disliking the Beatles is one thing, but denying their influence on pretty much every genre is just being disingenuous.

This. Except I like the Beatles and can't wait for this game.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I don't like the Beatles either; I do understand and deeply appreciate their influence on most modern music, however.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited June 2009
    I don't like the Beatles either; I do understand and deeply appreciate their influence on most modern music, however.

I literally have this sentence embroidered in my brain. It's the only sentence that gets me out of an awkward glare by anyone who has asked this question.

:wtf:
    edited June 2009
    DrLiam wrote:
    I literally have this sentence embroidered in my brain. It's the only sentence that gets me out of an awkward glare by anyone who has asked this question.

:wtf:

I find your lack of Beatlemania disturbing......
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited June 2009
    I find your lack of Beatlemania disturbing......

I'm sorry, but I do understand and deeply appreciate their influence on most modern music, however.
    edited June 2009
    DrLiam wrote:
    I'm sorry, but I do understand and deeply appreciate their influence on most modern music, however.

:rolleyes: - LOL, nice.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    The Beatles are ok.

Gimme Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, The Doors, Steppenwolf, CCR over them anyday
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    What He said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
    They did influence a few generations of young people growing up.
    And some older people too.
    Look this one up if you can find it.
    Happiness is a warm gun. It's a little different than their usual style.
    To add a little to Fatcats list...
    Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Cream, Pink Floyd, Robin Trower, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Moody Blues.
    I have all mentioned in this thread and a few hundred more on vinyl. Around 250 all together.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Like the beatles to a certain extent, But I appreciate what they did to the music industry . But With growing up around Hawk and my Father, My style in music is much like theirs and fatcats
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    kryyst wrote:
    There are a few iconic Beatles songs that I like but as a whole I never understood the hoopla. Their music is only important because of the situation and times that it came out in.

I'm pretty sure you could say that generally for anything, where something came about that improved upon it, but used it as influence. In The Beatles' case, if their music hadn't existed, I'm sure it would've had a large impact on music, and culture. Anyway, they have a lot of good songs, but I'm sure I could live without their rockband content.