Microsoft Offering Free Licenses

CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Science & Tech
Get your free licence keys from Microsoft Technet after someone seemingly let slip the URL for a free 3 month registration to Microsoft Technet. The full story is on Neowin.

The best thing to do once registered is go to the Downloads section, then click the Product Keys link. It takes a lot of attempts to work properly but when it does it displays all the products you can download and you can click 'Get Key' for each one you want.

You will have to retry lots and lots of times as I think half the internet is hammering the site, but persevere and they will appear!

~Cyrix

Comments

• kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    It's like mecha
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I already have one a TechNet subscription, but I'm trying to see if I can access this and get it to work. What a great resource even if its just for 3 months. I wonder if I can get a license to Dynamics AX and "simulate" a manufacturing company from my garage.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited June 2009
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Yep, getting the same error as Panzer.
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I was able to access it, go into order page, but when trying place the order, it would error out. Looks like its been removed.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    A real shame. I got 10 Windows XP licence keys, 10 Vista Ultimate keys, 10 Office Ultimate keys, and one Home Server key. Took me about 500 attempts but I managed it in the end!

~Cyrix
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited June 2009
    Dang I missed it. Thanks for sharing though!
  • edited June 2009
    horse crap! that would have been useful.