E3: Magic the Gathering Coming to XBLA June 17th

ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming
http://www.teamteabag.com/2009/06/04/e3-magic-the-gathering-coming-to-xbla-june-17th/

E3: Magic the Gathering Coming to XBLA June 17th

<small class="author">Author: Vince</small> <!-- <small class="date">| Date: June 4, 2009</small> -->
dotp_whatis_screen3_full-500x281.jpg
On June 17th Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planewalkers will be released on XBLA. Unlike previous MTG computer games, Duels of the Planewalkers is just a straight up version of the long running tabletop card game.
The game will support English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish languages and feature eight unique player decks, deck customisation with unlocked content, single player and cooperative campaigns, ranked and unranked online single player and cooperative play, leader boards and more!
If you are lucky enough to live in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Singapore (what, no love for the Europeans!) then when you purchase Duels of the Planeswalkers you will receive a code which can be redeemed for an exclusive Magic: the Gathering, limited edition, foil ‘Garruk Wildspeaker’ Planeswalker promo card for the tabletop version of the game.
No word on how much it will cost take to summon MTG to your Xbox yet, but I’d hazard a guess at 1200red-mana.jpg or 1600blue-mana.jpg. Until then here are some screenshots and you can get more details on the game and the free card promotion on the official website.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Bye, Keebler.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Yea, I've been waiting for this to come out.... there goes my life....
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    I've managed to resist playing magic all this time. Yet I'm constantly tempted to. I think this may be to much to resist.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I totally want this, I hope it is good.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Can I use my MGO deck or do i have to rebuild?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    You have to use the LHP and EDC decks with this I think.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I didn't see this anywhere on the floor. If I had, I would have had some questions for them. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I have to say, the screen cap above makes me roll my eyes just looking at it. I don't need a cut scene animation to depict dealing damage ffs. I like the idea of a straight-up game simulator for online play, but those cutesy graphics look like they've hammed it up a bit.

That... and half the fun is that Magic ISN'T a bloody video game. The game isn't just mechanics, its social interaction too.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Hey now... there's nothing wrong with hamming it up... just look at the cut scenes from the C&C series.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I turned all of the cut scenes off. The game does a good job of recreating magic as a card game and not a "video game." You just need to have people you know have the game to make it social.