Hardware Issues?

ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
edited June 2009 in Hardware
I turned on my monitor and immediately noticed what looked like heavy pixelation. I tried several different actions, but it got so bad I could barely read what was on the screen. I did a restart and now there seems to be no ill effects.

To be clear, I have be folding for about 2 straight weeks with very few breaks. I have my GPU slightly overclocked, but nothing that has ever given me issues before. My tower sits in an enclosed area but I've had it out on the floor for the past few days to cool off.

I wouldn't think this kind of thing is normal, so does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    It could be heat since you mentioned being in an enclosed area. See how it does now that you have moved it. You could even remove the side panel and blow a fan into it to see if it is a heat issue beyond just the location.
  • MidnightFlairMidnightFlair Washington
    edited June 2009
    ledbetter wrote:
    I turned on my monitor and immediately noticed what looked like heavy pixelation. I tried several different actions, but it got so bad I could barely read what was on the screen. I did a restart and now there seems to be no ill effects.

To be clear, I have be folding for about 2 straight weeks with very few breaks. I have my GPU slightly overclocked, but nothing that has ever given me issues before. My tower sits in an enclosed area but I've had it out on the floor for the past few days to cool off.

I wouldn't think this kind of thing is normal, so does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You said your video card was overclocked this can lead to the video card overheating and causing what people call "artifacting" odd defects in the picture lines and odd colored Pixels. If it contunes to happen down clock your video card to stock speeds. Another idea is if you video card continues artifacting try changing out the thermal past this should bring down the tematures or you could even get a after market cooler if problmes prosist.