Stats server hit hard

t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
edited January 2004 in Folding@Home
FYI,
I don't know what we are using for our sigs, but something to check.

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=6744

:fold:

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I thought this was resolved as of Monday?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I do not think S-M is on the list of those who are overusing folding server.... But, you might note the .txt File on Stanford updates every three hours or so now.... At least it has done so today. I think that the point Vijay was making, is that a server being queried a lot overall has fewer resources to update things and give current stats, and that things have been critical for that server. Also, Stanford is paying the Folding bandwidth bill, which has to be huge enough as it is already.

Thus, he needs as admin to emphasize need to cut unecessary costs by cutting out what does not NEED to be so. And is saying stats server needs our cooperation to be not overloaded, and emphasizing that heavy violators will be tracked down as well as possibly blocked from Stanford's net for overuse (that is one set of things Stanford security CAN do if needed). Frankly, I think folding has been good about stats details available so far. I have had boxes work for other distributed nets, sometimes DAYS go by before credits are posted.

John.