edited June 2009
    WTF Disney.

Second.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    WTF Disney.

Second.

Why? They're developing a game that people will actually buy.
    I'd say good job Disney.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    This kind of looks like a Burnout variant, the new versions graphics with the old styles crazy game play. By game play I mean just racing because the current iterations are about causing crashes. Will be accepting challenges on this game. I want it now.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Here's some cam footage shot of the gameplay at E3

Check out at :45, that's the control tower demolition.

Incredible stuff.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    ' wrote:
    [v][AGIC']Why? They're developing a game that people will actually buy.
    I'd say good job Disney.

WTF Disney (is publishing a compelling racing game)?!
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited June 2009
    I'm still confused on which developing team is working on this... "From the developers of Kingdom of Hearts, we now bring you, an non-adventure, gravity defying, 100mph racing game WITH A MOUSE AT THE WHEEL!!! THIS IS COMPLETELY GOOFY... literally."
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    After watching a bunch of videos for the game I am wanting a little more ridge racer in there.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    After watching the videos I'm thinking, why this and not just keep playing Burnout Paradise, which as far as I can tell is a bigger more expansive game.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Kryyst, I actually think the best installment of Burnout was #3. When it became this more expansive open world racing experience, it kinda ruined the series for me. Its was an arcade style game, that works for me.

Now, Burnout 3, honestly, might be on my top ten list all time. I freaking love that game, and if this one can recapture that in some way, I am in.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited June 2009
    Oh I'm soooooo in!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    Kryyst, I actually think the best installment of Burnout was #3. When it became this more expansive open world racing experience, it kinda ruined the series for me. Its was an arcade style game, that works for me.

Now, Burnout 3, honestly, might be on my top ten list all time. I freaking love that game, and if this one can recapture that in some way, I am in.

When I initially tried the Burnout Paradise demo I hated it. I was fully in the camp for Burnout 3. However..... I just picked up Paradise in the budget bin and they've really done a lot with it. First they patched the entire game to really clean it up and they added motorcycles as well (which are awesome). My other big complaint is that the only multi-player is online. Part of the fun of Burnout was destroying your friends on the couch and seeing their anguish in real time. Well they've also solved that by putting out a DLC that adds local multi-player as well (gripes about it being there in the first place asside they at least did something about it). Plus they've really provided some cool add-on cars if you want to spend more of your live points.

But all that asside since picking it up I've spent quite a few hourse with Paradise now. Once I got over my initial dislike of the open world concept and started playing the game and getting in races and other challenges. My opinion has changed. Paradise is the Burnout king.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I'm with kryyst. The tweaks and tiny additions made it worthwhile. And the amount of content they've added is amazing.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    It's easy to think that this game plays similar to Burnout.

But I gotta say, they're two different monsters. I love the burnout series, but I loved Split Second because it felt like it almost had a bit of a combat element mixed it. With a touch of Flatout2.

The situational problems in Split Second really ramp up the intensity and confusion. The car destruction isn't to a burnout level, but the world destruction is top notch.