Ghostbusters PC game

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming
I just finished the Ghostbusters PC game, I generally don't play a game 100% all the way through as fast as I did this one ( 5 hrs ) But even tho its went quick its was extremely fun. The way the game played the story it was all right. There were a couple parts where the lines were like " hmm that did make sense!" but it was all in all a great game. I will be playing it again on the hardest setting to challenge myself even more. Now don't get me wrong it has some faults but for the lack of Ghostbusters Games / movies / anything This was a amazing 1st step to reviving the franchise to the previous awesomeness of the 80's ! As a die hard Ghostbusters fan ( i watch both movies at least 1 to 2 times a month ) This is a welcome game especially for 29 bucks on the PC i HIGHLY recommend it :rockon:

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    GnomeWizardd- - "All I know is that I'm a medic because I look like a ghostbuster!"

True quote from playing TF2 about a year ago.

I was a little bummed because the PC version took out the multiplayer that the console versions have, but to be honest, this is a game you play for story and nothing else.

I can't wait to play it myself. I was very excited to talk to a dev about it at E3 and watch it played for a bit. The story is dead on, and feels completely appropriate with Ghostbusters canon.

And the original voice actors taking part? yes please.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Yes they are all original voices ! That made the game right there, I heard there will be a multi player patch that allows multi on the PC
    edited June 2009
    I eyeballed this in Target today. Only $30??

If that's a mistake, I'm going back and buying it immediately.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    If it is only 30USD then I'm all for it.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    It is indeed $30 on PC. If you buy the game at Gamestop, it also includes a $10 movie cash card for one admission (up to $10) to any movie that accepts the movie cash. You can get the list of accepting theaters here. http://emoviecash.com/dis_locator/
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    It's a pretty good game, I'm quite enjoying it. I think they sold themselves a little short in what they could have done with that game though. What you get is just an FPS style game. What they could have done is an open world concept where you get calls you have to drive through new york to get respond them, deal with other things along the way etc....

So while they do give you a rather decent ghost blasting experience I wish they had really done much more with it.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    mertesn has it and showed it to me. Looks awesome. I hope they'll make a sandbox type game more like GTA in the future, but for now it seems really cool. I especially like how you don't have a HUD because all the vitals can be read on the character model's proton pack.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    Yes what they have done with the game they've done absolutely right. There are a few quibbles, but nothing significant. It's just one of those games, where what they have works but you can completely see where they should have done more. This could have been a must have full priced game. Instead it's just a good game, that I don't think will have any longevity, which is a shame. The multi-player helps a bit but only for so long.

For $30 it's certainly worth picking up, at $50+ for console versions it's a bit harder of a pill to swallow. I mean you can easily finish this game in 6-8 hrs (depending on your definition of finish). So with that in mind rent it finish it, rent it a couple more times when some friends are over and by that time you'll be on to something else.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    I've never seen either Ghostbusters films (yeah, I know) but the $30 price tag is hard to beat. You can also buy this on Steam (dang it Steam, you always tempt me with your ease of availibility).

The sweet thing is that some of the original Ghostbuster's writers also helped write the script for the game, Harold Ramis for one.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    .. you need to see the movie. right away. now. go.

GO.
    edited July 2009
    I know. :) It's really quite ridiculous that I haven't got around to seeing either of them yet.

Hmmmm....maybe I'll go rent them this weekend.

The problem is that I have a massive amount of movies to make it through. Seriously, I keep an updated list of movies that I want to see.
    edited July 2009
    wait, you frigging serious Grimnoc?

Fatout surely owns the films, right?

If not, get to WalMart and buy the two pack. Seriously, it's a weekend goal of yours to watch Ghostbusters 1 and 2.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    OMG i seriously watched them atleast 2 times this month already
    edited July 2009
    Hey Chumps,

I just got done watching the first Ghostbusters. I will watch the second soon. :)

But first is Dark Man (directed by Sam Raimi), which as a side note you guys should watch Drag Me To Hell if you get the chance.