HTPC mobo problems ABIT IL-90MV

edited August 2009 in Hardware
Anyone else have the IL-90MV Micro ATX and try to add a video card to it? I'm getting "not fully ACPI compatible" error on boot. I've flashed the BIOS with the latest, but no help. I'm trying to install Geforce 8400 GS in the PCI slot (no advanced graphics on this box). It's killin me.. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be great.

Cheers

Comments

• edited August 2009
    haulnbones wrote:
    Anyone else have the IL-90MV Micro ATX and try to add a video card to it? I'm getting "not fully ACPI compatible" error on boot. I've flashed the BIOS with the latest, but no help. I'm trying to install Geforce 8400 GS in the PCI slot (no advanced graphics on this box). It's killin me.. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be great.

Cheers

Good day dude! i also have an Abit IL-90MV in my HTPC machine. My advice is... Stop wasting your time with the traditional PCI slot vidcard, instead use the 1x PCI-E. I'm using NVidia GF 8400 GS too but with modded pins for 1x PCI-E! Check out this forum and hear it from chookman:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/247979-28-express-video-cards

Now for my part, i modded the vidcard (cut some pins) not the mobo's 1x PCI-E slot and here's my baby after some hard work.
    IMG_1584.jpg

Run it for 24 hours (play GTA San Andreas, COD4, watching movies etc.) without giving me any headaches. Sweet! :)