New Releases for The Week of Hi-tech Gadgets and Evil Minions

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I am looking forward to playing The Conduit on wii. I hope the core gamers support it, but somehow I think its destined to financial failure, I just don't see shooters catching on. Point Blank, Time Crisis, Virtua Cop maybe, but something like this never seems to pull down an audience on the wii.

I'll support it though. The initial reviews say the controls are revolutionary, not necessarily a replacement for the good ole mouse and keyboard, but something fresh to toy around with that actually feels complete. I look forward to playing it.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited June 2009
    The Conduit controls work very well but between it and Metroid Prime or even Ghostbusters for that matter I didn't find it to be all that much better to be deemed revolutionary.

As for the game itself. It's a first person shooter. The graphics reminded me a little bit of Halo. You move forward kill everything in sight and keep moving forward. While the controls do work well and in some ways I can see them replacing keyboard mouse (but I said the same about Metroid Prime, which is a vastly better game overall). The game itself doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

I should say I'm not a huge FPS fan to start out with so for me to stay entertained in an FPS, it's got to be something special. In the Conduit I didn't find anything specail. Good controlls, good graphics but just run-of-the-mill everything else. If you really love FPS games then it could be worth while for you, otherwise rent it.

One nice thing is that the Multi-Player works pretty well. It's very easy to jump into a random person match, set parameters etc.... If you want to do only friends. Well it's the same freind code crap you have to do with other Wii games. I played a few 9 player games and didn't find the lag to be noticable and the maps were well sized for the action.