DVD BURN Issue Sony dvdRW DRU-540A

1guylikeu1guylikeu St Pete, FL
edited June 2009 in Hardware
I can burn CDs but everytime I try to burn a DVD, I get an error in Nero. I have the proper firmware and drivers installed. I have attached the error log from Nero. Also, I have had the error with Windows DVD Maker as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    After looking at your log, and from what I gather on the web...

The general consensus is that 512MB is not enough memory, you must not do anything else while you burn. And those Sony DVD's (the media not the drive) are really bad.
    Try burning at 4x or less and have you tried a different brand of media?
  • 1guylikeu1guylikeu St Pete, FL
    edited June 2009
    Hmm...Well I guess I can try that. I have used the same media before on this system before I had to re-install my os due to hard-drive problems. I am not sure what brand they are....they just say GQ(Great Quality) dvd's and I've burned on them before with the same drive. I'd hate to waste them....Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that and update if I have success or not.
    edited June 2009
    I still have the same issue, even after changing the speed. I was able to create a data disc with Nero to run tests, all of which came out fine. Since it seems to be SCSI related,..how can this be checked? Again, CD's (burrrn software) and a dvd data disc (nero) burned fine. Any other suggestions?
    troll wrote:
    After looking at your log, and from what I gather on the web...

The general consensus is that 512MB is not enough memory, you must not do anything else while you burn. And those Sony DVD's (the media not the drive) are really bad.
    Try burning at 4x or less and have you tried a different brand of media?
    edited June 2009
    I had XP before and could burn, now i have Vista? Is there a setting I can change to mimic XP?
    1guylikeu wrote:
    I still have the same issue, even after changing the speed. I was able to create a data disc with Nero to run tests, all of which came out fine. Since it seems to be SCSI related,..how can this be checked? Again, CD's (burrrn software) and a dvd data disc (nero) burned fine. Any other suggestions?
  • trolltroll Windsor, Nova Scotia Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    NeroVision OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition
    You still have XP...

NeroVision Nero API version: 7.0.0.0
    Really Buggy version it needs to be upgraded...

Also I'd try a different movie to see if the same thing happens...
    edited June 2009
    I'll try upgrading but here is a different log in case that helps clear up matters. It keeps giving me SCSI Command Aborted.