UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    :respect:
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    popped collar and shades. this man is a pimp.
    edited July 2009
    He does know how to do it, to say the least.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited July 2009
    Great Interview. Thanks for interviewing Valve! (More details about HL:3 would have been cool too. :P )
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    AWESOME INTERVIEW!!! Great job Icrontians!!!
    edited July 2009
    DrLiam wrote:
    Great Interview. Thanks for interviewing Valve! (More details about HL:3 would have been cool too. :P )

I tried, he wouldn't budge :rolleyes2
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    Awesome interview and great write up Lynx!

Only half kidding here but one thing with the video, you guys should white balance and maybe run it through a quick color correction pass before posting to bring out some more contrast, this looked like a low light situation though so that's always dreadful to shoot.

PS, Lynx, you're too tall :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Awesome interview and great write up Lynx!

Only half kidding here but one thing with the video, you guys should white balance and maybe run it through a quick color correction pass before posting to bring out some more contrast, this looked like a low light situation though so that's always dreadful to shoot.

PS, Lynx, you're too tall :)

We weren't in a studio. We were shooting impromptu in the Valve lounge.
    edited July 2009
    You don't need a studio to white balance and a bit of color grading would be done in post.
    edited July 2009
    It's a learning process most definitely.

I don't know how to whitebalance the camera we used (though I'd presume it operates under one of those 'auto white bal' things that all the cool kids use)

Color grading is something I've never gotten into, I need to read the chapter on it in Stu's book.
    edited July 2009
    Oh man, I love color grading more then any other part of video production. What are you using for your editing?
    edited July 2009
    Adobe Premiere

....Version 6.

I love it so much.
    edited July 2009
    Ouch.
    edited July 2009
    Seriously though... I love version 6.

I used CS4 to edit the year in review video, and I was pretty impressed, but I didn't buy it so I uninstalled after I finished.

The new versions drive me nuts though because they removed the ability to import and edit Mpeg2 video (what my digital camera shoots for video). It's the primary reason why I still edit with 6, so I don't have to convert my video first.
    edited July 2009
    I don't know man, 6 was considered a joke of an application at the time, especially without hardware to push it (as in the old video board kind from Matrox or Pinnacle). Now, well, things have changed so much since then, especially with Avid and Final Cut Studio.