Want Game, Need Help

ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
edited August 2009 in Gaming
I would love to add a new PC game to my library, but have no idea where to start. I'm kind of interested in TF2, but I don't want to get pwned for the first month or so while I learn the ropes. (Been down that road. Counter Strike.) Wouldn't mind trying a MMORPG, but I don't know anyone actively involved in one. Any advice?

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Being a noob in TF2 is nothing like being a noob in CS. Obtain a mic if you don't have one already and get TF2. I doubt you'll regret it.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I recommend TF2 also, but if you're looking for an MMO obviously WoW is the choice. We have a community here, but I'm not sure how active they still are, as it fluctuates. The Command and Conquer, and Red Alert Series are always great choices for anyones PC library.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    If you get TF2 and play with us, you will have a shit-ton of fun, I PROMISE.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    This ^
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited July 2009
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Speaking of TF2 and fun... when do you all play generally?
  • ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
    edited July 2009
    Thanks all! Does anyone know of a good price on a TF2 bundle? (BTW, I already have HL2. Got it way back when.)
    edited July 2009
    The only bundle is Orange Box. If you just have HL2 then it's worth it if you have EP 1 and 2 as well then it's probably best for you to buy TF2 on it's own.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    It depends, what types of game genres do you like? And more importantly, multi-player or single-player?
    edited July 2009
    Have TF2, finally!!! :bigggrin: Now, if someone could invite me to join the the Icrontic Steam group, I think I'm ready to get sniped!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Invite sent :)
    edited July 2009
    And burned, and exploded, and shot, and stabbed, and truncheoned, and pierced, and hacked, and many more nasty things.
    edited July 2009
    Burned, shot, and stabbed is to be expected. But truncheoned? The line has to be drawn somewhere.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    You'll get blown, too.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Gate28 wrote:
    You'll get blown, too.

Damn, i missed that part...
    edited July 2009
    Tonight was my first night of TF2 with some of the IC crew and I must say...I suckith mightily! Even though I was severely handicapped by lack of skill, the game is truly full of awesomeness. Any tips or advice would be welcome.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    ledbetter wrote:
    Tonight was my first night of TF2 with some of the IC crew and I must say...I suckith mightily! Even though I was severely handicapped by lack of skill, the game is truly full of awesomeness. Any tips or advice would be welcome.

What class do you enjoy the most?
    edited August 2009
    I've found that being a Medic allows me to follow people who actually know the maps, so I don't isolate myself for the rest of my team. I don't have a mic yet, so I'm kind of at a disadvantage at times, but that's my fault and will be corrected soon.