'upgraded graphics card' after RMA barely fits in case

edited July 2009 in Hardware
Hello --

I have a antec P18X (i think a 180 b) and a gigabyte GA-p35-Dq6 mother board that has 2 PCI express cards. My graphics card was having problems and after going through 2 swap outs I went from a 8800 GTS to a gtx 260 during the RMA swap outs. The 260 is considerably longer....(not to mention now pushing my power supply limits)

When i use the express slot close to the processor the end of the graphics card prevents me from using the middle harddrive bays (both slots). I moved the graphics card into the lower slot and I was BARELY able to get the SATA connectors on due to space and I've now covered my extra USB hookups on the motherboard w/ the graphics card. Seems I can't find a perfect solution. Do I need a bigger case? It's already a large-ish mid tower config.

Here's drawings of the case:

http://www.antec.com/pdf/drawings/P182SE_manual_mechdrawing.pdf

I have lower drive bay spots but they aren't near as convienent as they aren't the module bays of the middle hard disk bay and I would need to find/buy some screws for mounting the drive.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    You can move your harddisk to the bottom bay (at the level of PSU) and install the graphics card at the top PCIE slot. That should work.