Arghhh...new hard drive...

edited July 2009 in Hardware
No monitor, no keyboard, no mouse...
I've tried the ram test...lol
no luck
Ive tried rotatin the ide..but got confused...
Help!

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    You have to be more specific, and talk in sentences, or nobody is going to even begin to help you.
  • edited July 2009
    So here goes.. minus the techno talk and speel...
    1 New Hard drive= Western Digital 160 Gig put into my computer to replace old hard drive that died.Originally had a 80 Gig hard drive in my Tagar Computer.
    I hooked up new hard drive on my Tagar Computer...no monitor, no mouse, no keyboard.
    Took hard drive, tried it on my other computer. It worked and was recognized. So I Formatted it on the computer and set XP on it. Took new one to the old Tagar that the hard drive died on,it is not recognized at all. This old Tagar has a 733 mhz.. and is an intel pentium 4 processor.
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited July 2009
    First of... That wont work. If you change your motherboard you have to reinstall windows so by installing windows in one PC and then transferring the HD to another PC you are effectively changing the Mobo. You have to reinstall.

Can you see the HD in your BIOS?
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    733 MHz sounds more like a pentium 3 to me... if that's the case and it's an older motherboard in the P3 series, could be you've just hit a bios incompatibility. The older the motherboard, the more likely it is to have trouble with larger (for the era) drives.

Now... when you say no monitor, no mouse, no keyboard, do you mean when you turn the computer on, you get no signal on the monitor? If so, there may be something else wrong with the computer.