primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Butthurt much?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Yes! Who doesn't want a fair shake at free shit?
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    My, it sure sounds like a good way to get people to join one's twitter feed for a web 7.0 spam message, doesn't it?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I'm still of the belief that Twitter is a fad that will have passed in a year or two.
    edited July 2009
    It's not going away. I'd even bet money on it.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Thrax you would bet money on anything YOU think is cool.
    edited July 2009
    Cool generalization, bro.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Twitter will not go away. It will probably see some sort of radical shift in how it's used and moderated, but it's certainly not going away.

I agree with Prime, giveaways suck. I don't even bother anymore. How many #moonfruit and #squarespace hashtags do we need? That bullcrap clutters my streams, an no one ever seems to win, despite the fact that giveaways usually happen daily.

Man, wish you would have gotten SF4 Prime, I'd love to have an IC person to play against in the PC version. Eggroll is stuck on PS3, and there's no cross-platform play. We could have Hadouken'd until our eyes bleed.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm, I really like when people will just randomly pick one of their followers, you don't have to sit there hitting refresh sixteen times a second, I actually won an iPhone app like that the other day, granted it was like a $2 giveaway but it was still cool. I also almost won a $500 training DVD set, my name was drawn but I had to have posted a comment to the person's blog, bummer. I think people just need to get better at these things and not exploit Twitter the way #squarespace and #moonfruit did. A lot of Twitter clients now let you filter that stuff out too if you want to. I think we'll hit a point where people will just say piss off and start unfollowing people and then people will stop doing it and things will return back to normal. But maybe that's the rosy glasses thinking
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Or people will just start dropping the hash tags into their regular tweets... thus both entering into the drawing (supposedly) while not making a frivolous post to do so.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited July 2009
    A lot of people do that already, thankfully.