Help Please.... :) (Inactive)

I'm trying to access gotomypc and I keep getting error 12029 - internet explorer cannot download file.

I can access the internet - I just can't log into the site. I've tried a bunch of things including:
- Unchecking everything on LAN settings in internet control
- Running virus software

My windows firewall is off - but I think it has something to do with my Norton anti-virus

Please help!
Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I know this is probably an incredibly annoying question if you know a lot about computers. But please help . . . I have a huge project due for work tomorrow and I desperately need to log onto my work computer.

Please please please
  • edited July 2009
    Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post a log in the HJT forum and wait for help.

Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
    1. Please Read All Instructions Carefully
    2. If you don't understand something, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
    3. Please do not run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you
    4. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
      (Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those few things, everything should go smoothly laechel.gif

Please Note, your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use.
    Be assured, any links I give are safe

.Inactive
    Whilst we appreciate that you may be busy, it has been 5 days or more since we heard from you. This topic is now closed.

Infections can change and fresh instructions will now need to be given. If you wish to reopen your topic, please send a Private Message (PM) to Trogan with a link to your thread.

If you are not the user who started this thread, you must start your own Thread instead :)