Power Supply selection

sweavesweave boston
edited July 2009 in Hardware
well it's about that time again
currently i have a Ultra 600w X-Finity Power Supply that i got bundled with my case 2 years ago.
now by the end of the year i am planning on upgrading my current rig (q6600, GIGABYTE GA-P35-DQ6, 8600 gts, w/ 4gb ddr2) with some new components and more ram.

i haven't really been all too happy with the pwr supply so first of all i want to change that up.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009
the pcp&c 750 si the one i am planning on getting as i have recommended this pwrsupply to others in the past.
my main question is, will this supply at this power rating meet my future upgrade requirements if say i were to go to an i7 mobo/cpu with about 6-12gb ram and so forth (only one vid card though as i wont ever get an sli system) or should i consider going for a higher rated pwr supply?

Comments

• RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited July 2009
    Personally I would look at a Corsair or OCZ modular suply. Rock solid and nice and tidy.
  • edited July 2009
    That PPC750 is a very good one. Heck, better than anything I have. It will last a long time and can certainly handle any i7 system. Price looks good too.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    PCP&C is top-tier and should last a very long time for you. It's a great choice.