:(
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    NO.

DON'T DO IT

FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I cant write down in words just how excited I am to be attending my first Icrontic event. The fact that its Oktoberfest is only fitting.

I LOVE BEER!!!!! :D
  • DuniganDunigan Norfolk, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    In this thread somewhere, I said we would deep fry the turkey left over from Shindig.

I, DO NOT, think I will have enough room for the fryer and DJ Equip, so maybe we can just bake the turkey or use it another time :)

Where I come from, we would strap the fryer to the top of the car...I mean, hey...whatever it takes, right?
    edited October 2009
    lolmartinsville.

(for everyone keeping score at home, WNDUPhenom = Dunigan)

Dungian was talking about my hat. He wants a hat. If we can manage, we'll probably make a trip to Henry the Hatter. Just sayin, if anyone's interested....
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    lolmartinsville.

(for everyone keeping score at home, WNDUPhenom = Dunigan)

Dungian was talking about my hat. He wants a hat. If we can manage, we'll probably make a trip to Henry the Hatter. Just sayin, if anyone's interested....

all i read was "Dunigan wants to be me. he will do anything to be just like me in every way. he's taken to wearing stilts under his pants."
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited October 2009
    Get outta here Dunigan. Get out!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    WNDUPhenom wrote:
    Where I come from, we would strap the fryer to the top of the car...I mean, hey...whatever it takes, right?
    Where I come from, it has been done :D.

NOT on my car though ;D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    WNDUPhenom wrote:
    I LOVE BEER!!!!! :D

I can't wait to either welcome you with open arms or mock you cruelly the entirety of the weekend because of your beer choices.
    edited October 2009
    Oh, Dunigan has a bit to learn about Icrontic beers, but he can hang.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    If he rolls up with some honey moon what can you really say besides cheers.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I can say, "wow, try a better beer."
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    So when most people were drinking copious amounts of Blue Moon at EXPO what did you tell them?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    "Thank god it's not Honey Moon."
    edited October 2009
    We are vicious, yet fair. Mostly vicious, though.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Lawl.... I'm going to bring a case of Blue Moon for the house. Then I'll BWAHAHAHA while drinking my rum.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Why isn't Jokke coming, I want some more potato vodka.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited October 2009
    Annes wrote:
    I can't wait to either welcome you with open arms or mock you cruelly the entirety of the weekend because of your beer choices.

<3

I'm so happy I won't be the only beer snob around. Also intending to earn my beer achievement there. Can't wait.

In other news, what kind of clothing should I be packing? I know very little about the temperature and weather of Detroit in general, never-the-less at this time of the year.
    edited October 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    In other news, what kind of clothing should I be packing? I know very little about the temperature and weather of Detroit in general, never-the-less at this time of the year.
    Expect anything from 30 to 65 degrees.

A little too soon for the 10 day forecast, I will make sure to update here with the expected weather.

I recommend pants and a jacket of some kind. Throw a pair of shorts in there if you are like me and 40 is not too cold for shorts :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Anything from shorts and a T-shirt to a snow suit. The weather varies a bit at this time of year.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    The weather varies every time of year in Michigan. Wasn't it just last year that it was nearly 50 degrees the day after Christmas?
    edited October 2009
    Sounds like Colorado to me, I can deal with that :)
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, last year you could go to the beach... In november.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I have a particular awareness of weather this time of year because I can use trick-or-treating with the kids as a benchmark.

There have been years where we had to bundle the kids in snowsuits because it was positively arctic, and kids were crying as snot froze to their faces and mini-Snickers shattered in the cold

There have been years where kids were complaining about the heat and angry beer-toting parents everywhere were drenched in sweat and kids were crying as their mini-Snickers melted into squishy blobs
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited October 2009
    I have a particular awareness of weather this time of year because I can use trick-or-treating with the kids as a benchmark.

There have been years where we had to bundle the kids in snowsuits because it was positively arctic, and kids were crying as snot froze to their faces and mini-Snickers shattered in the cold

There have been years where kids were complaining about the heat and angry beer-toting parents everywhere were drenched in sweat and kids were crying as their mini-Snickers melted into squishy blobs

Ha!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    "Thank god it's not Honey Moon."
    ^^
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry, we're not all beer snobs! I for one am a recovering snob and just don't care anymore!

/absinthe and pbr
    edited October 2009
    Is the Chinese Rape Liquor still around? Maybe we can make the newbies drink it as a form of hazing.
    edited October 2009
    That was finished at Shindig, thankfully.
    edited October 2009
    Oooh absinthe, how I love you when you're not trash absinthe