Icrontic goes hands-on with The Saboteur at E3

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    First! We were first, I don't care what IGN says!

I'm playing the CRAP out of that pre-alpha build in that picture.

The game did play better than I expected, honestly. It was fascinating to me playing such an early build. Most all assets were in, but there were fun glitches that are a result of such an early state. I'd be interested in playing even earlier builds, this stuff is so cool to see.

One of the things I loved about the game was how cover worked - Sean takes cover automatically when you walk up to walls and such that are able to make use of the function. This felt way more organic than the typical method of 'press button near low wall'. It felt pretty non-intrusive to me, though I can't speak for everyone that played. Certainly a clever way of doing the all-so-popular cover.

Also, important note. I crashed my truck on the outskits of the town and was left on foot to walk to rest of the way through the demo. As I was walking through a field, one of the developers (I think it was Trey Watkins) noticed my location and told me to find a cow and shoot it. Everyone was watching anxiously as I found one, pumped a few bullets into it, and the cow EXPLODED into gibs and gore. The room broke into laughter at the absurd sight. Nothing like pre-build dev fun.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Actually that was me pointing out the Cow :)