Raw DVD ISOs With Windows?

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited January 2004 in Internet & Media
Alright, I know you can do raw DVD dumps with Linux, however I've not found an application yet that will let me make a 1:1 ISO-like format with Windows in a similar fashion to CloneCD on the DVD front.

I've tried CloneCD and DiscDump. Neither of those work quite right. Nero has never made CD images 1:1.. So I'm looking for solutions.

Anyone have some ideas?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Try DiscJuggler?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2004
    You're looking to clone your own personal home videos you have mastered to DVD, right? ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    No. I can do that myself with a combination of DVD Shrink, IMG Tool, and DVD Decrypter. ;)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Just an idea, but you could boot into Knoppix and dump it from there (you should have a full GUI, programs and net access after boot).

It's not perfect, but it's an idea.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    A good idea too. I'll try that if DiscJuggler doesn't work.
  • SputnikSputnik Worcester, MA
    edited January 2004
    one thing though.... last i checked knoppix (should be in 3.4 or 3.5 soon in other words) didnt have NTFS writing support, do you have a fat32 partition to dump to?
  • edited January 2004
    Isn't there an option to do that under DVD Decrypter? I know it will burn a DVD ISO file, won't it also extract one?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Yeah, my copy of Knoppix didn't let me write to NTFS. But that may have just been by default, you should be able to override it with (rw).

Though even though in Linux now with Linux support, I can't repair my trashed installation because all Windows files are protected, so I can't copy my /config/system file back, thus can't boot (The recovery loads the drivers for my installation, but when it gets to the console it just wont let me do anything, it just keeps saying operation failed >.<). Stupid hive files.